in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 22, 2015

ARC Review: Relinquish by M.N. Forgy


Relinquish is my first book by M.N. Forgy, but I was drawn in right away with it's cover and blurb. This one sounded really interesting and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I have to say that I was a bit torn with this one, and I was left not really sure how I felt. While I did like some things and I kept reading to see what would happen, this one also was not what I had been expecting and I had some issues with it. 

When Charlie turns eighteen she can't wait to get away from her foster home. She hasn't had an easy life, and anything will be better than staying where she is. Her and Jayden, another of the foster kids, head to Las Vegas to make a life for themselves. Needing to make money, they find themselves turning to the streets to do whatever it takes in order to have a roof over their heads and food in their fridge. When Charlie meets a handsome stranger named Landon, they are instantly drawn together. Though Landon tries to save her, things don't work out as planned when Charlie's past begins to catch up with her.

I don't want to say too much about this story or the characters so as not to give everything away. There was a bit of a twist to the story, a predictable one if I am being honest, so I don't want to give any of that away. What I will say is that I had a lot of issues with Charlie's character. I honestly could not get over some of her stupidity. Charlie was 18, but she had lived a tough life and I would have thought that that would have given her a little more maturity that it seemed to have. Some of her decisions were beyond ridiculous, and I just had a tough time ever really connecting with her because of it. She shouldn't have taken Jayden with her, I couldn't get over how she was with Chasen right away and how quickly things became physical for her and Landon right after what had happened to her. It just seemed to sort of go downhill from there. I will admit that because that all happened at the start of this story, I almost gave up on this one. But I was curious and wanted to see what would happen. Landon had his moments for me, and for most of the story I didn't know whether to like him or hate him. 

While it was clear that Landon and Charlie felt drawn to one another, I never really understood their relationship. Landon was hot and cold, and it was a constant switch in personality with him. I never knew which one was the real him, and I could understand that Charlie would be confused by that. I didn't get why she kept allowing him to treat her like that and how she could give in to him so easily. Because of the issues with the characters and the way this book started, I found it tough to really get into this story. I wanted to see what would happen, but I just wish that some things had been done differently. Overall, this one was a bit of a disappointment for me and yet I did finish because I was interested enough to want to keep reading. I think that this one had a lot of potential and there were some really good parts, but it just fell a little flat for me personally.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes 





0 comments :

Post a Comment