in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

ARC Review: Repaired by Melissa Collins


Repaired was another really great read from Melissa Collins! She is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, especially when it comes to M/M books. Repaired was well written and emotional, and I really enjoyed this story. These characters were so easy to like, and I felt invested in their story right away. 

At 17 Liam Davis ran away from home, with a goal of starting over. His plan included getting away from his terrible past, and never letting anyone find out who he really was or what had happened to him. Ten years later things have worked out for Liam, and he has a satisfying life as a mechanic with a family he has made and friends who care about him, though none of them know the whole truth about him. When he meets Parker Ryan things begin to change for him, and he finds himself in danger of falling for someone. Parker is different from him in almost every way, being a successful lawyer with more money than Liam has ever dreamed of. But Liam and Parker quickly realize that opposites do in fact attract, and soon they are agreeing to see what is between them. But Liam's past suddenly returns and changes everything, leaving Liam and Parker to learn how to trust and support one another.

Liam and Parker were both really great characters, and I loved how different they were. Liam had a tough childhood, and had given up what little he had in order to escape his past. He was used to having nothing, and had been willing to risk everything for a chance at a better life. He was willing to do whatever it took, and he was a hard worker. I loved the friendships he had made, and I was glad that he was able to find people that were good and cared about him for who he was. Parker had grown up with money and a lot of expectations, and at first glance he had it all. But he also had a father who was never happy with anything he did, and his father hated the fact that Parker was gay. I felt bad for Parker, because it was clear that he wanted his father to care about him and nothing he did would ever be good enough for him. I was glad that he had found Liam and was able to surround himself with people that didn't care who he loved, but that loved him for being the good guy he was. He had a big heart, and he wanted to use his power and money to help others. Liam and Parker had chemistry from the start, and there was never a shortage of steam between them. I loved seeing them get to know one another and let each other in though, and I thought that they were a great source of love and support for each other. 

Overall, I really loved Liam and Parker together. They were sweet and sexy, and they fit together perfectly. I also really liked the secondary characters in this book, and I thought that each of them added so much to this story. This book was emotional and dealt with some tough subjects, but I thought that Melissa Collins did a great job tackling those and giving them the respect that they deserved. This book was a great example that even when horrible things happen, there is always hope for a better life. I would definitely recommend this to fans of the M/M genre, and I think it is a great contemporary romance. I know I will read more from Melissa Collins in the future, and I look forward to seeing what she writes next!

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





1 comments :

  1. Thanks for the great review. I love a book that has a decent supporting cast, especially when they play into the outcome of a book. Great review.

    ReplyDelete