in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 28, 2015

ARC Review: Caged: Takedown Teague by Shay Savage


Takedown Teague is the first part of the Caged series by Shay Savage. Each book is a portion of Tria and Liam's story, ends with a cliffhanger, and needs to be read in order. There was a lot that I liked here, and there were a few things that I didn't care for. But I will tell you that I really loved Liam and I am looking forward to reading more. I am curious to see what happens next after the ending of this installment, so I will be continuing on with this series even though I did have a few issues here.

Liam is a cage fighter that prefers to keep mostly to himself. He keeps things casual, and he lives to fight. But when he meets Tria, he begins to feel connected to her and finds himself wanting to protect her. Tria is focused on school and making it on her own. Though at first she tries to go her own way, she soon finds herself drawn to Liam just as he is to her. But with their secrets and pasts, can they find a way to make things work? 

As I said before, I loved Liam here. He was sexy and protective, and was so good with Tria. He had this really sweet side that you wouldn't expect, yet totally worked. He was patient with Tria, and I thought that he went out of his way for her. I loved getting his POV, and I thought that it made him so easy to support and love. I also felt though that since we only got his POV, I was disconnected from Tria. I wasn't able to really relate to her, and I didn't feel much of anything for her. I did have moments where I liked her with Liam, but overall I was pretty ambivalent towards her. There were also times where I really didn't care for her treatment of Liam, and I couldn't believe how she would treat him or talk to him. So while these two had chemistry and some good moments in their building connection, I was wanting more and I hope that will be better in the coming installments. 

I also thought that this book was surprisingly tame as far as their relationship went. For those expecting a really steamy story, this was not it. There was no sex to be found here except for some self love on Liam's part. I felt so bad for the poor guy all the way through, especially for someone as sexual as him. I'm not saying that Tria should have instantly given it up to him, but there was little to no progress here over the course of the entire book. Unfortunately the masturbation scenes were short and didn't pack much heat either. I am hoping for the next book to have a higher level of steam, as Liam and Tria continue to build a relationship and get to know one another better. As I said before, this does end with a cliffhanger and I curious to see what will happen next as Liam and Tria find themselves in her hometown where things are nowhere near normal.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment