in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, August 28, 2015

ARC Review: Turn of the Moon by L.P. Dover


I haven't read much from the paranormal genre in the last few years, but when I found out that one of my favorite authors was writing a shifter book I absolutely had to read it! L.P. Dover has been at the top of my list since I first read about one of her sexy fighters, and I have thoroughly enjoyed everything I have read from her. Turn of the Moon has to be one of my favorites of her books though, and I could not put this book down! I stayed up way past my bedtime reading this one, and I don't regret it one bit. I am so excited to see where this series goes from here! 

In order to escape Kade, the cruel and awful leader of the Yukon Pack that she has been promised to, Bailey leaves everything she has known behind. To get her freedom, she knows that she can never return and that she will have to do whatever it takes to run and stay hidden. But when she comes across another wolf with familiar eyes, she feels a pull to him unlike any she's felt before. Ryker and Bailey share a strong connection, and she quickly finds out that everything she thought she knew was a lie. Knowing that Kade and his pack will come looking for her, Bailey is forced to make a choice that could mean the difference between life or death. 

I absolutely loved Ryker and Bailey! I was so invested in their story from the very start. I loved their connection and chemistry. What they shared was unlike anything else that they had ever felt with anyone else. Ryker was a great leader. He was protective and alpha, without being cruel or power hungry. He took care of his pack and he was a great guy. Bailey had grown up never knowing the truth, and with each thing that she discovered I felt so bad for her. I was glad that she learned the truth, but it was hard to see her realize that she had missed out on so much of what should have been her life. Her connection with Ryker was worth everything though, and after everything that happened it just proved that fate and love have a way of always working out like they are supposed to. These two were super hot together and I couldn't get enough! 

I also thought that L.P. Dover did a wonderful job of setting up this world, and I loved getting to know all the characters. I never once felt lost or like I had been given too much information to process, which I admit has been a problem for me before in the paranormal genre. Dover flawlessly gave us everything that we needed without it being a huge info dump, and I loved her even more for that. This story felt like her normal style, yet it was also something new and fresh. It reminded me a bit of her Gloves Off series but with shifters, and I think that fans of that series will really enjoy this one. If you aren't a fan of Dover's yet, I think that this is a great place to start. Though I highly recommend anything by her, as they are all great! If you are not a paranormal fan, I would still give this book a shot as it was so much more than just a shifter book. This story is one that I truly enjoyed from start to finish, and I loved how things were set up here for the series going forward. I will absolutely be stalking online to find out any information I can on the next book in this series!

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment