in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, May 20, 2016

ARC Review: The Rule Book by Jennifer Blackwood


I knew I had to read this book when I first saw the blurb! Between the blurb and the cover, it was like this book was just calling my name. As soon as I started reading though, I knew that The Rule Book by Jennifer Blackwood was going to be more than just a pretty cover and clever blurb. I had a really great time reading this one, and it was just one of those books that you find yourself lost in while the world sort of slips away around you. 

When Lainey Taylor takes a job at Starr Media, she finds herself with a rule book filled with things that absolutely aren't allowed. Among those though are don't call your boss the Antichrist and definitely don't fall for him no matter how hot he may be. But the more Lainey gets to know Brogan Starr, the more she finds herself struggling to follow his many rules. But with Lainey needing to help support her sick mom she knows that she needs to do whatever it takes to keep her job, even if that means fighting the growing connection between her and Brogan.

I liked Brogan and Lainey a lot. They had so much chemistry right away, and I really enjoyed their banter. This story was witty and funny, and I loved the interactions between these two. Brogan had a ton of rules and at first he was sort of hard to warm up to, but as the story continued I really liked seeing how he and Lainey got to know one another and grew closer. I liked Lainey and I really admired her taking care of her mother. You could tell how close they were and I liked that family was so important to her. While I liked these two, I will say that I did wish that there had more steam. There was a lot of chemistry and tension, yet there wasn't a lot of follow through. 

The other thing that I will say is that while this one was witty and funny, there were times that it came off a bit choppy. It sort of took me out of the story and romance a bit, even though I did enjoy most of it. I think that this book is one that NA and Contemporary fans will enjoy though, and if you are enjoy rom-coms, this is definitely one worth checking out. I know I will read more from Jennifer Blackwood in the future, and I look forward to seeing what she writes next.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment