in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 16, 2016

ARC Review: Turn it Up by Kim Karr


Turn it Up is the second installment in the Detroit Love Duet by Kim Karr. This book is not a standalone and should only be read if you have already read Set the Pace. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one after that cliffhanger, and I pretty much devoured this book! I really love Kim Karr's writing style, and she is one of those authors that I just really enjoy reading each book she writes. While I definitely have my favorites of hers, I have really liked everything that I have read from her. 

Turn it Up picks up right where Set the Pace left off. Jasper Storm and Charlotte Lane were brought back together after life got in the way of their friendship. Now that they have moved past everything that tore them apart, they are growing closer than they ever were before. But Jasper has been arrested for two murders and their past is once again threatening to tear them apart. But can they move forward together or will life and their past once again prevent them from having a future together? 

I really love these characters. Jasper and Charlotte are so easy to like and relate to. They have each been through so much, and yet their connection truly went away. I felt like they were meant to be together in the first book, and that was really solidified in this book. We really got to see more character development here in this book, and I enjoyed that a lot, especially when it came to Charlotte. The love between these characters and the growing relationships between Charlotte and Jasper's friends were so interesting. I really love the secondary characters here almost as much as I do Charlotte and Jasper, and I especially loved Jake. I just couldn't get enough of all of them and had such a good time seeing how everything would play out!

I will say that the beginning of this book started off a bit slow for me, but like with any Kim Karr book I knew the action would come. This book really started to take off after about half way through and I couldn't put it down. Though I really love Kim Karr's books and River and Dahlia will always be my favorites, I have to say that Charlotte and Jasper are right up there as well. I highly recommend this duet, and I think fans of Kim Karr's will love these books as much as I did. If you haven't read the first book yet, make sure you start there. But if you already read Set the Pace, Turn it Up is a must read! I am already anxious to find out what Kim Karr will write next, and I know whatever it is I will be reading it!

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment