in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

ARC Review: Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven


Alright first I have to say that I absolutely loved this book! I have been in such a slump lately, and this book pulled me right out! Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven has left me with a huge book hangover, and the second I finished reading it I wanted to start all over and do it again! Wicked Heart is the third book in Leisa's Starcrossed series, but this book can be read as a standalone. The first two books are about Ethan and Cassie and while I loved them and they are on the top of my favorites list, Liam and Elissa actually topped them for me! I never thought that would be possible, but Leisa proved me wrong and her writing just gets better and better! 

Elissa Holt has only ever loved one man, and he broke her heart. Six years later, Liam Quinn is Hollywood's hottest star and has just been cast in the show she is managing. Not only is Elissa forced to see Liam again, but his gorgeous fiance is set to star in the show as well. Though both of them try to keep their distance, late night rehearsals have Elissa and Liam remembering everything they once shared and making it more apparent than ever that their feelings have never gone away. But with Liam engaged to someone else and Elissa scared of getting hurt again, they find themselves torn between what they have and what they have always wanted. Can they find a way back to one another, or is will their story end in tragedy?

I loved these two so much. I have to admit there were times that I was extremely frustrated with Liam here. I really thought that if he would have just talked to Elissa, so much heartbreak could have been avoided. I hated that these two had to go through so much hurt and it made me sad to think about all the time that they lost because of everything that happened. Yet as frustrated as I was, I really understood why Liam did the things he did. He really thought that he needed to do them and I admired his reasons even while I didn't like them. Elissa was amazing! She is the type of heroine that you read romance novels for. Strong and sassy, and so easy to like. She was funny and witty, and I loved that what you saw with her was what you got. Honestly she was so genuine and sweet that she is the type of girl you would love to have as your best friend. Not only that, but she was gorgeous and real, and I loved that she was described as curvy. She struggled with believing that she was beautiful at times, especially when faced with Angel, but I was so glad that she had those in her life that reminded her that she was. Liam and Elissa had a ton of chemistry and I honestly couldn't get enough of them. The attraction and connection was there from their very first meeting and these two understood each other in a way that no one else did. 

Overall, I loved everything about this book. It was stunning and I was captivated from the very first page. Leisa Rayven is a truly talented writer and she has a way with words that is impossible to describe, but just needs to be experienced. I really didn't think it would be possible to love anyone more than Ethan and Cassie, but Liam and Elissa are absolutely my favorites! I have to say that I really loved the secondary characters here as well. Elissa's friend Josh and Liam's fiance Angel were just as amazing as Liam and Elissa. While it would have been so easy to hate Angel (and I will admit I kind of wanted to!), it was impossible! She was fantastic and I loved her. I really can't say enough positive things about this book, but this is a must read to me and I highly recommend it! If you are read the previous two books in this series, I think that you will love this one even though you don't get a ton of Ethan and Cassie here. But if you haven't read those yet, this is the perfect place to start and I think readers are going to love this book as much as I did! I can't wait to see what Leisa Rayven writes next!

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment