in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, December 18, 2016

ARC Review: Jaded Hearts by Harper Sloan


Jaded Hearts is the first book in the Loaded Replay series by Harper Sloan. Fans of her Corps Security and Hope Town Series will recognize some familiar faces here though this is a standalone, as Chance was Cohen Cage's roommate. Don't worry if you haven't read those books since you don't need to have read them to understand anything, but I do recommend them if you haven't since they are fantastic! 

Wrenlee and her band Loaded Replay have everything that they have ever dreamed of. With her twin brother and their two best friends making music they are on top of the world, though they have come to learn that being there means everyone wants something from them. But when Wren's safety comes into question, they hire Chance Nash from Corps Security as protection. They soon learn that their contract won't allow for outside security though, which forces them to pretend to be in a relationship to keep him close. But what starts out as fake quickly grows into more, and both are wondering if they can trust in the connection they feel after having been hurt in the past. 

I really liked both Chance and Wren! I have been hoping for a story for Chance since we met him as Cohen's roommate and best friend, and he definitely didn't disappoint. He was absolutely perfect for Wren and I loved them together. They had such strong chemistry and a great connection. Things happened very fast for these two, and it was a really strong case of insta-love. But it felt so real and natural and honestly didn't seem as though it happened in the short amount of time that it actually took place. These two belonged together and I couldn't get enough of them.

I will say that at the beginning of this book I struggled to get into the story. It started off kind of slow and felt a bit repetitive as we saw how Wren felt with everything they experienced because of their fame. I was a bit worried that we were going to get a story full of Wren complaining about everyone wanting to use them and I was not looking forward to continuing. But luckily I stuck with it and that didn't last long, and I was soon drawn in by Wren and Chance and the connection that was between them. Overall, this was a good start to the series and I really loved the characters of the band. I can't wait to get more of them, and I am looking forward to Jamison's story next. I also can't wait to get to know Weston better (Wren's twin brother). If you are a fan of Harper's, this is a must read, but if you are new to her, this is a great place to start!

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon  | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment