in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 10, 2017

ARC Review: Invaluable by Alana Albertson


Invaluable is the second book in the Trident Code series by Alana Albertson, with each book being a standalone story. The blurb really sold me on this story, so though I haven't read the first in the series I needed to read this one. While there were things that didn't work as well for me her as I had hoped, it was a nice quick read that I enjoyed. 

Kyle and Sara met at a club and shared a sexy night together. Kyle promised to call but knowing he was being deployed ended up not getting in touch with Sara. Now months later Sara shows up in Afghanistan, never expecting to see Kyle there as well. Kyle had told her that he was a football player, which he used to be, so she is shocked to learn that he is actually a Navy SEAL. Though they both know that things can't go beyond some fun together, things quickly change when Sara finds herself in danger with no one but Kyle and his team to save her. 

I liked these two for one another. I will admit that there were times that Kyle seemed a bit cocky and hard to connect with at first but I ended up liking him a lot. I thought that he and Sara had a genuine connection and the chemistry was clear from the start. I do think that things felt really rushed here though, and I wasn't entirely convinced that the strength of their feelings was possible in the amount of time that things seemed to form between them. I did think that they were good together though, I just wish that we had been able to see it form a bit more organically without it feeling so forced in such a short amount of time. I just think there weren't enough pages here to really do their story justice. 

Overall, this was still a good story and I did like the characters. I wish that there had been a bit more to the story as things felt a bit surface deep and I would have liked to have been able to really dig into their story a bit more. But this one was a good quick read that I liked in the end. While this one isn't a story that I will remember or have stand out long term, it was worth the read and I look forward to reading more in this series about the rest of Kyle's team.

**ARC Provided by IndieSage PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment