in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, April 14, 2017

Audiobook Review: The Danger of Desire by Sabrina Jeffries, Narrated by Beverley A. Crick


The Danger of Desire is Sabrina Jeffries third book in the Sinful Suitors series. Jeffries is one of my favorite historical romance writers but I have to confess that I have not really fallen in love with the series. I did love the books before the series “The Duke’s Men.” In this story Delia Trevor is the friend of Clarissa from the previous book, “The Study of Seduction.” Clarissa is very worried about Delia because she fears that her friend is deliberately trying to fend off suitors. Delia had a nice dowry left to her and she is not interested in gold-diggers. To help Delia find a suitor Clarissa asks her cousin Warren Corry to help Delia and guide her. 

Clarissa is right Delia is not looking for a suitor. She is however looking for a man with a tattoo that she things is responsible for cheating her brother and therefore his wife, now widow, and son out of their fortune. Delia is a very skilled card player, so at night she travels to St. George to play cards and find out some information on this tattooed card player. Delia disguises herself as a boy and no one is the wiser-no one but Warren. Warren immediately recognizes Delia and wants to know why she is playing a very dangerous game. If she is discovered she will be ruined and if she finds the tattooed card player she could find herself in danger. Warren immediately finds himself intertwined with Delia and her determination to find this man and the big secret that her sister-in-law is hiding from her. Now a widow, Brilliana is widowed and penniless. 

There were some parts that I liked about this story such as Delia. I loved her as a heroine and found her to be very strong and clever. Bravo! I liked Warren too but here is my little grievance… it seems that almost every historical romance I read the hero is a rogue/ womanizer etc… for maybe about ten minutes and then he meets the heroine and he is anything but. I’m not sure if it’s the vintage Anne Stuart hero’s that I miss, but I miss those hero’s. Warren was a sweet guy who suffered a very dramatic experience and has lived with it all his life. He was endearing but, like I said I miss those alpha males in historical romance. I did like the mystery of Delia trying to find the tattooed card dealer and I thought that Jeffries really connected him very well to the next book which is “The Pleasures of Passion.” This is Brilliana’s story and we will be able to uncover her big secrets and all the things she has been hiding. Beverley A. Crick was a good narrator, this story is pretty long and I thought she was able to keep the momentum going. There were times when it seemed to me that she made Warren sound a little too whiny but overall I enjoyed her narration. Personally, I’m so grateful for audiobooks especially during times when I’m too busy to read, now I’m counting down to the next story.

**Audiobook Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Audiobook | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes


0 comments :

Post a Comment