Tessa Bailey is originally from Carlsbad, California. The day after high school graduation, she packed her yearbook, ripped jeans, and laptop, and drove cross-country to New York City in under four days. Her most valuable life experiences were learned thereafter while waitressing at K-Dees, a Manhattan pub owned by her uncle. Inside those four walls, she met her husband, best friend, and discovered the magic of classic rock, managing to put herself through Kingsborough Community College and the English program at Pace University at the same time. Several stunted attempts to enter the work force as a journalist followed, but romance writing continued to demand her attention.
She now lives in Long Island, New York with her husband and daughter. Although she is severely sleep-deprived, she is incredibly happy to be living her dream of writing about people falling in love.
Top Five Things Making Me Happy in 2017 (so far)
Sure, it’s only April, but it seems like a good time to sit back and take stock of the bright spots of 2017 (so far), right? Obviously, there are the bigger things, like family and good books to celebrate, but here’s five other items bringing a smile to my face. I hope they’ll do the same for you!
1. Cheese. It’s no secret. I’ve always been a vocal fan of the cheese plate. I’m not handy in the kitchen, but a cheese plate is the one thing I do right. This might not be the world’s best kept secret, but Boursin garlic & herb cheese spread is definitely one of the things making my 2017 a little better. It’s literally how I rewarded myself for hitting a word count this week. Cheese spread.
2. The S Town Podcast. From the producers of Serial and This American Life, there is a new podcast that starts as a murder mystery and becomes something else entirely. I’m a follower of true crime, so I was expecting one thing and ended up going along on this often beautiful, often disturbing ride. A definite must-listen. And if you’re not listening to podcasts, give them a try! There is something for everyone!
3. Big Little Lies. I binge watched this show on HBO—it’s a total must watch. I’ve been telling everyone to give it two episodes, because episode two is where it really takes off. I loved the drama and incredible acting, but what I mostly took away from the show is a reminder not to underestimate or discount other women. We’re complex and mighty.
4. Eyebrow Cosmetics. Seriously, were eyebrows always this important? I have a quick five-minute makeup routine and I’m always looking for products that are easy to use and require little skill. Two of my favorite eyebrow color products are ka-BROW by Benefit and Boy Brow by Glossier.
5. My 5-year-old and I bonding over a mutual love of Rob Gronkowski. Is it love, though? I don’t know or understand my feelings for him, but I can’t look away. Now there is a show called Crashletes on Nickelodeon and she appears to have complicated feelings for him, too. She shakes her head adoringly at his bad jokes and calls him Gronk. We’re prisoners of confusion.
Factory mechanic Duke Crawford just wants to watch SportsCenter in peace. Unfortunately, living with four divorcee sisters doesn’t provide much silence, nor does it change his stance on relationships. But when a fellow commitment-phobe stumbles into his life, getting him good and worked up, he can’t deny his protective instincts.Samantha Waverly’s brother just put her in an impossible situation. The only way out? Marry huge, gruff, gladiator look-alike Duke—for show, of course. She doesn’t make promises—she knows too well how easily they can be broken—and this is no exception.As the blistering attraction between them grows, the lines around the no-strings relationship blur. But Duke and Samantha’s marriage is only for show…or is it?
Check out the Made in Jersey series:
Up for Grabs:
- 1 Print copy of Too Wild to Tame
- Please leave a comment or question for Tessa.
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form to enter.
**Don't forget to enter our grand prize giveaway!**
Special thanks to Tessa Bailey for sponsoring this giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway