Darcy Burke is the USA Today Bestselling Author of hot, action-packed historical and sexy, emotional contemporary romance. A native Oregonian, Darcy lives on the edge of wine country with her guitar-strumming husband, their two hilarious kids who seem to have inherited the writing gene, and three Bengal cats. Visit Darcy online at www.darcyburke.com and sign up for her newsletter, follow her on Twitter at twitter.com/darcyburke, or like her Facebook page, www.facebook.com/DarcyBurkeFans.
My Favorite Things
1. My absolute favorite thing is my family. They are the light and joy in my life. As I’m typing this up, my daughter is group texting us asking “pirate or ninja?” I answered PIRATE (because DUH) and my husband answered ninja. My 12 year-old son answered dinosaur (because DUH). They are silly and hilarious and I can’t imagine my life without them.
2. My next favorite things are pets. Not just my pets, all pets. They are a fantastic source of joy and care—they need us and we need them. It’s a win-win situation and, really, they are family. My cat Duchess is snuggled up against me purring (see photo) while I write this. We recently adopted a cat (as in two days ago). She’d been at the adoption center at Pet Smart (via a no-kill shelter) for two months! I hadn’t met her before—and I always look at the cats up for adoption—but she caught our eye. My husband fell instantly in love with her and I knew that her days at the Pet Smart were over. She’s a sweetheart and I’m hopeful she’ll mesh with our other two kitties. We haven’t tried introducing them yet, but soon! She also needs a name but for now we’re calling her Bananacat because of her pretty yellow eyes. I suggested Banana as a joke, but it kind of fits for some reason and everyone likes it. My son even made up a song called Bananacat Can set to the tune of The Candy Man (Sammy Davis, Jr.). So I think she might be Bananacat! (The other cat photo is our sweet third cat, Luna. I don’t have a good picture of Bananacat yet!)
3. Time to get a little ridiculous and share that lip balm is one of my favorite things. I can’t get through the day without applying it at least a dozen times. AT LEAST. I keep tubes of Burt’s Bees in my desk, purse, car, bathroom, bedside table, and computer bag. I used to keep on in the kitchen drawer. Why did I stop doing that???
4. I love music and my favorite band is the Dave Matthews Band. I love spending my Labor Day Weekend every year (except this year, sob, because they aren’t touring) with thirty thousand or so other fans and our “boys.” Their music fills my heart and lights up my soul. I have so many favorite songs by them but “The Stone” is my favorite of the favorites. We were lucky enough to be on the “rail” (aka, the front row in the pit right up against the stage) at two of the shows last Labor Day so we got some amazing up-close photos! It was an incredible weekend!!
5. How about my favorite color? Green. It might stem from my birthday being on St. Patrick’s Day. Or maybe it’s being born and raised in Oregon, a very green place. Perhaps it’s the green of my junior and high school color scheme (probably not that, lol). Actually, it might be the green of my daughter’s eyes. Whatever the reason, green is my favorite! Except mint green. That is my least favorite green.
Bonus Favorite Thing: Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser. That needs no explanation, amirite??
Ten years ago Ivy Breckenridge’s life was ruined. She had to reinvent herself, and now, after painstakingly making her own way in the world, she’s nearly forgotten the dreams of home and family she’d once nurtured. Until one man peers into her soul and awakens every one of her hidden desires. But no matter how good he makes her feel, she can’t trust him—alone by choice is better than alone by necessity.With a notorious reputation for training married women in the art of passion, Sebastian Westgate, Duke of Clare, is reviled by some and celebrated by others. He doesn’t allow anyone close enough to see past his charming exterior. When Ivy uncovers the man beneath, the seducer is suddenly the seduced. Enraptured by her mind and spirit, he wants more but revealing his darkest secrets is a price he won’t pay.
Check out The Untouchables series:
Up for Grabs:
- 1 Print copy of The Forbidden Duke
- 1 Print copy of Lady of Desire
- Please leave a comment or question for Darcy.
- Please fill out the Rafflecopter form to enter.
**Don't forget to enter our grand prize giveaway!**
Special thanks to Darcy Burke for sponsoring this giveaway.a Rafflecopter giveaway