in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Review: Ash to Steele by Karen-Anne Stewart


I will admit that before reading Ash to Steele I had never heard of Karen-Anne Stewart, but I read the blurb and I knew I wanted to read this book. I really enjoyed it, and I am so glad that I took a chance on a new to me author! I loved Stewart's writing style, and I loved the characters. This was a really easy book to get lost in and I really didn't want to put it down once I started. I might not have known her before, but this definitely won't be the last book I read by Karen-Anne Stewart.

Being the preacher's daughter in a small town, Emma has lived her life always doing the right thing and has never taken a chance. She dated the most popular football player and appeared to have it all. But she doesn't love Justin and she wants more out of life, so she leaves town and heads to Boston. When she gets there she meets Jess and instantly becomes close with her. Jess finally convinces her to come out to her bar after months of being in town, and she meets Breck. Breck is a playboy used to having women do anything to be with him, and he only does casual. But Breck and Emma are instantly drawn to one another. Emma and Breck argue and do their best to stay away from each other, but the passion between them is more than they can fight. But Breck has a past and thinks that he isn't good enough for Emma. Can Emma convince Breck that his past is not what matters and that they have a chance at a future together?

I really liked Breck and Emma. They both had their issues and things didn't go smoothly for them in the beginning. Breck had a past and had thought that Emma was just a preacher's daughter that was naive and he judged her pretty unfairly right off. But the more he got to know her, the more he saw she was different and that he had made the wrong assumptions. He was really protective of her and I liked that he was always looking out for her. I also liked that he didn't make a big deal about his businesses and that he was pretty private about his life. He also had no problems giving up his womanizing ways and I loved that there was no cheating. Emma was sweet and easy to like. She was innocent, but she wasn't as naive as you would expect. She was open minded and was willing to look at a person for who they were and not what they had done. I really liked that about her. I thought that she had really great chemistry with Breck and things were really intense between them right from the start. Not only were they great for each other emotionally, but you could tell just how much passion they felt for one another.

Overall, I thought that this was a really good story. I was invested from the start and I liked the characters a lot. I really liked that Emma and Breck were both different than I had been expecting. I will say that there were a few things that happened that I found a bit predictable. It didn't take away from the story, but I wasn't surprised either. I think that a lot of NA fans will really enjoy this book just like I did, and I think that most people will be able to easily relate to these characters and the story. I look forward to reading more from Karen-Anne Stewart in the future.

**Copy Provided by Xpresso Book Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment