in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

ARC Review: Ricochet: Locked & Loaded by Heather C. Leigh


Locked & Loaded is the first installment in the Ricochet Serial by Heather C. Leigh. This is a full novel that will be released as three parts, so keep in mind that there will be cliffhangers. Luckily, Heather C. Leigh is releasing these very close together, so the wait for each installment isn't a long one. I thought that this was a great start to the series, and I am excited to read more about Rick and Quinn. 

After finally escaping from her abusive husband, Quinn Wallace turns to her father's Marine buddy Mack. He offers her a job working for his gym, Sanctum MMA, where his hand-picked team trains elite fighters. Each trainer has special skills that allows Mack to run a special secret organization. Though Quinn hates all things violent after living with abuse for so long, she finds herself drawn to Rick "Ricochet" Brennan. But Rick is more than just a fighter, and soon they begin spending time together. As Quinn gets to know Rick, she finds herself wondering if she can leave her past behind and learn to trust again. 

I liked Quinn and Rick. Rick is used to sleeping around, and gets his nickname from the fact that he is not in one bed for long before hopping to the next. He was more than his reputation though, and I liked seeing him be so kind and patient with Quinn. He knew by her actions that she had some issues, and I liked that he was so respectful to her while at the same time unable to stay away. He felt drawn to her, and he knew that she was different. It was good to see his feelings start to develop from just attraction to more as this installment progressed. Quinn had trust issues and wasn't a fan of violence due to all that she had been through. I loved that she was strong though and that she had removed herself from the situation and was strong enough to ask for help when she needed it. She might not have been comfortable around fighting, but I was glad that it didn't keep her away from Rick and the gym. These two had chemistry right off, and it was interesting to see them start to have feelings for one another. 

I will say that this story moved pretty quickly, and I wish that things had slowed down a bit. It felt kind of rushed to me, and I would have loved to see these two get to know one another a bit better. I also would have liked to have seen a little more of their back-stories as well, and I am hoping that we get to know each of them a little better as this serial continues. Other than that and the cliffhanger ending though, I really enjoyed this story. I am looking forward to the next part, Ricochet: Friendly Fire, and I can't wait to find out what happens next for these characters. This cliffhanger was a pretty big one, and I have to say that I am anxious because of where we left off. I think that this is a really good start to this serial though, and I would recommend it to those that are able to handle some slightly uncomfortable and violent scenes.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon





0 comments :

Post a Comment