in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Review: Tyler's Undoing by L.P. Dover


I have really been loving the Gloves Off series by L.P. Dover, so I was really excited when I got the chance to read another book from the series. While each of these books can be read as standalones, they do contain interconnected characters. I have read these completely out of order, and it has never been a problem. That being said, you do get so much more to the experience when you know the entire back story for each of the characters in my opinion. While it isn't necessary, I would definitely recommend reading these in order if you can. I have really enjoyed each book I have read, but I think Tyler's Undoing just might be my favorite. I really liked Tyler and Kacey and I couldn't get enough of these two together. 

Tyler Rushing is used to women falling at his feet and he is on his way to winning the title and becoming even more famous as one of the UFC's sexiest fighters. When his secret fling with Gabriella Reynolds comes to a mutual end, he has no idea his life is about to change forever. When Tyler meets Kacey he is instantly drawn to her and despite her resistance, he is determined to win her over. But Kacey has spent the last few years caring for her sick grandmother since the rest of her family couldn't be bothered, as well as trying to get away from her brother Kyle Andrews. Kyle is well known and hated in the MMA world, and Kacey doesn't want anyone associating her with Kyle and his actions. Though Kacey tries to stay from Tyler, she finds out that he is different than the rest of the fighters she has met. But Kacey also knows that as close as her and Tyler are growing, that when he finds out who she is he might very well want nothing to do with her. 

I loved Tyler. He was used to going through women, and never thought twice about a future with anyone including Gabriella. But he was so different after meeting Kacey. You could tell that he really liked Kacey right away, and I was so glad that he didn't give up on her. She was really cold to him and he just kept trying, and I really admired that about him. He was successful and smart, and so much more than just a fighter. I liked that he was protective and alpha, but he was also so caring and kind with Kacey. He was there for her when she needed him the most, and I loved seeing that side of him. Kacey was understandably very secretive about her family, and I knew exactly why she didn't want it getting out who she really was. But I do think that she waited far too long to let Tyler know what the truth was. There were a few times that it would have been so easy to tell him, and a few times that other things got in the way. I just wanted her to be honest with him, since their feelings had grown so much. I had faith that though Tyler wouldn't like it, that he would see the truth and I hated the way things were finally revealed. I didn't like Tyler's reaction, but I do think he was right to be mad about finding out how he did. It should have come from Kacey, and that was something that was hard for me to get over. These two had such chemistry and a strong connection though. Besides that one criticism, I really loved everything about these two. 

Overall, I thought that this book was probably my favorite so far in this series. Having read these out of order, it was really interesting for me to see some of the other characters I have read about and what happened to them before they wound up with their guy/girl. It was interesting to me to see how all these characters relate to one another, and I loved getting more of their friendships. I will say that I absolutely hated Kyle through a lot of this book, and when things came to a head at the end I seriously wanted him to get what was coming to him. But then I saw a different side to him after everything played out, and it felt as though maybe there was something good still somewhere in him. I really hope that he can turn things around and make amends for all the horrible things he has done. If Camden could find redemption, I have faith that L.P. Dover will get Kyle there as well. This series is so good, and I honestly can't wait to read the rest of the books that I haven't read yet. With each book, I find myself falling in love with all these characters all over again. This is one series that I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for good stories with some sexy fighters. Each story is well written, entertaining, and filled with unique characters. I look forward to reading more from L.P. Dover in the future.

**Review Copy Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment