in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 4, 2015

ARC Review: What the Lightning Sees: Part One by Louise Bay


What the Lightning Sees Part One by Louise Bay was fantastic! I loved this first installment to her new novella series, and I honestly can't wait for more! Since this is the first part of three in the series, there is a cliffhanger. The ending left me wanting more, and I cannot wait for Part 2. I am so glad that I read this installment, even knowing that I have to wait for more, as I absolutely loved Jake and Haven together! 

When Haven lands a huge story at her work, she knows that it is exactly what she needs in order to help her secure the promotion that she is after. She knows that she isn't well liked at the office, but she is determined to do her job as professionally as possible in order to achieve her goals. But when the new replacement photographer on the story shows up and it is another friend of her boss, she immediately suspects the worst. His friends are always rich and spoiled, and she hates that they have such a sense of entitlement. Things get off on the wrong foot between them, but knowing that they have to work together they form a sort of truce. The more time they spend together though, the more Haven begins to realize that she might have been wrong about Jake and the chemistry between them begins to grow. Soon they are both beginning to see each other in a new light and are wanting to explore the connection between them. 

I will admit that I didn't like Haven at all at the beginning of this story. She came off extremely bitchy, and she was so judgmental. But soon we get to see more of her, and there was so much more than just her first impression. I loved seeing her with her best friend and brother, as it gave us a completely new side to her! She wasn't just the uptight and buttoned-up professional, but she was also able to let her hair down and have some fun. I was really glad that Jake got to see it as well, and I liked how he went about flirting with her. Jake wasn't like what Haven had first thought at all, and although he was rich, he had worked for everything he had. He was smart and successful, and I loved that he was determined to continue working though he didn't need to. He was a smart businessman, but he was also a great photographer that was really modest about his work. The chemistry he had with Haven was off the charts, and I loved that he was into her even when she was prickly. He knew just how to get her to shut up when needed, and I liked that he was able to see beneath her facade. He saw so much more in her than most people did at first glance, and I enjoyed seeing these two get to know one another.

Overall, this was a great first installment. The ending left me not only wanting more, but needing to know what would happen next! I loved Jake and Haven together, and I thought that they were perfect for one another. I loved the banter between them, and that combined with the sexual tension was enough to create the perfect build up to their inevitable explosion. There was so much going on between them, and I couldn't wait to see what would happen! I have to say that I am also really intrigued with Haven's brother Luke and her best friend Ash. They are so interesting to me, and I love what I am seeing between those two as well. I really hope that they continue to be such a big part of this story, because I love their relationships with Haven as well as the back and forth they have going on between them. Can't wait to see what happens next for all these characters, and part two cannot get here soon enough! I highly recommend this story, and I think that readers will really enjoy this story as much as I did.

**ARC Provided by AToMR Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment