in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

ARC Review: Making A Comeback by Kristina Mathews


Kristina Mathews is a new to me author, but one look at the cover and the blurb for Making A Comeback had me interested in reading this one. This book is the third book in Kristina's More Than A Game Series, with each book being an interconnected standalone. You do not need to read these in order, and I had no problems diving right into this one. I will say that after reading Cooper and Annabelle's story though that I want to go back and read the others since I enjoyed this one so much. 

Annabelle Jones is moving forward with her life. After years of living with her husband though not being happy, she has finally started the divorce process and is trying to get her modeling career back in order to provide for her two young twin daughters. But when an accident forces her to rely on her handsome neighbor, the future she was planning suddenly begins to look a lot different. Nathan Cooper is paying for a mistake he made while trying to revive his own career as a profession relief pitcher. He knows that he needs to focus on getting back in the game, but he can't stop himself from helping out Annabelle and her daughters. As much as these two try to stay away from each other thinking that it is best to keep one another at arm's length, they find themselves wanting a life together that they never expected. 

I really liked Cooper and Annabelle. I will admit that these two both frustrated me at times, but I did understand why the did some of the things that annoyed me. They were both focused on getting their careers back and thought that they couldn't have a relationship as well as their careers, but yet they were better when they were together than apart. I loved Annabelle's little girls, and I thought that they were so cute. They immediately took to Cooper, and I loved seeing him with them. He was so sweet and kind, and I love how natural he was with them. These four were so good together that it was really hard to believe that they hadn't been a family all along! I loved Cooper and Annabelle as a couple, and they had a clear connection and great chemistry. But it really was the four of them that made this book so special.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I liked all the characters. I loved Cooper and Annabelle, and I enjoyed seeing them interact with Annabelle's friends from the previous book. I am curious to go back and read their story and see how everything happened that led up to this story and Cooper's being traded. If you are a fan of contemporary or sports romance stories, I would recommend giving this one a shot. I enjoyed Kristina's writing style and I felt invested in these characters right away. I will definitely look for more stories from her in the future.

**ARC Provided by Tasty Book Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment