in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 4, 2016

ARC Review: Dare to Stay by Jen McLaughlin


Dare to Stay is the second book in the Sons of Steel Row series by Jen McLaughlin. This book picks up right after where the first book ends, though it does feature a different couple than the first book. While this book could be read as a standalone story, I would really recommend reading these in order if possible. I couldn't wait to see what would happen in this book after finishing Dare to Run, and I am really enjoying this series. 

Still reeling from the loss of his best friend, Chris O'Brien barely survives after a hit is placed on him. Trying to find a safe place to lie low, he thinks of the one perfect place from his childhood, and winds up at Molly Lachlan's door. Chris and Molly both soon realize the danger that places her in, yet they are unable to fight the connection between them. But can Chris keep Molly safe while also protecting Lucas's little brother Scotty or will Molly end up hurt because of Chris?

Chris and Molly come from different worlds, yet their connection is undeniable. They are pretty much opposites in every way, where Molly is sweet and nice, Chris was the bad boy that you couldn't help but love and hope could be redeemed. While I liked Molly, Chris was the one that really held my attention. He was magnetic and sexy, and I didn't want to stop reading to see what would happen for him. I felt emotionally invested in Chris with his past and all that he had been through, and that had me connecting more with him than I was able to with Molly. I still liked her, but I just didn't feel as invested in her as I did Chris. 

While I liked this book and the continuation of the series, I have to admit that this book wasn't quite as on point as the first one was for me. The first book had me captivated from the very first page and was raw and gritty and it was just so different from the norm when it comes to romance novels. But this one didn't have quite that seem feel, and I think a lot of that was because we spent more time in this story in Molly's world. I also felt like the author went out of her way to constantly remind the reader of the differences between Molly and Chris, and it got to the point that it felt like we were being beat over the head with it. It came off as redundant and as though the reader was not smart enough to remember that he was the bad guy while she was the innocent good girl. I am really looking forward to getting the next book in this series, and I am excited that it is Scotty's story! I can't wait to get to know him better and see what Jen McLaughlin has in store for him. If you are looking for a different series with a raw and gritty feel, this is one worth checking out.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes


0 comments :

Post a Comment