in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, August 6, 2016

ARC Review: The Sapphire Affair by Lauren Blakely


The Sapphire Affair is a refreshing turn of events for me. The book is sexy, fun and includes some really entertaining banter. I have read other Blakely books and I like her as an author. This one was a little bit different from some of her other books but I liked it with the differences.

Jake and Steph are after the same thing for different reasons. Jake has been hired to track down the business transaction of a shady man. The shady man is Steph's step father and some of his shadiness may have included stealing money from Steph's mom. Steph sets out to get more information about the possible crime. Jake sets out to bring back his clients property if he finds it.

From their first meeting, the chemistry between Jake and Steph jumps off the pages. There was something that was extremely balanced about the way the couple interacts with each other. They had a total yin-yang vibe going on. Both Steph and Jake have issues trusting other people of the opposite sex. This is particularly true when it comes to Jake and meeting someone while he is working a job. He has some seriously bad luck in his history.

There were a couple of minor things that I didn't love. For example, I didn't get why Steph played so hard to get. I'm not saying you have to fall in love and bed at the first opportunity but Steph took things a little bit further than I cared to read about when it came to making Jake work for it. I also really like the mystery and suspense. I had so much fun reading a book with some chase scenes and some close call. The only issue is that sometimes I didn't really feel like I was reading a romance book. This felt more like a high energy mystery suspense. It was a little light on romance and sex. So if you are really in the mood for something romantic, put this one off until you are looking for more of a thrill.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N


0 comments :

Post a Comment