in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, November 27, 2014

ARC Review: The Hazards of Mistletoe by Alyssa Rose Ivy


I am a fan of Alyssa Rose Ivy's and I really like her Hazards series. The stories and characters are great, and I know that I am going to enjoy them a lot. However this one was not the same at all. It felt kind of forced to me, and I just wasn't feeling it. As much as I was hoping to love this friends to lovers Christmas novella, I found that I was a bit disappointed with this one.

Savy and Glen are best friends, and have been since they were kids. Their grandparents always rented cabins in Colorado for Christmas, and the tradition has continued years later. While Savy and Glen only see each other once a year, they call and text each other year round. But when they end up kissing under the mistletoe, things change between them. Now a year has gone by, and they haven't spoken to each other since that night. Glen realizes that he made a mistake, but will Savy be able to forgive him?

Glen and Savy were cute together, and I did feel as though they had a good connection between them. They had a lot of history and tradition behind them which helped a lot. But I also felt that while they had a good base for a relationship, that things between them didn't really happen in a great way for me. They didn't really spend much time together. They didn't have great communication, despite talking and texting being the basis of their friendship. I wanted these two to ease into the transition of becoming more than just friends, but it just felt rushed. I felt like these two had the attraction between them, but it just didn't really spark the way that Alyssa's characters usually do.

While this one was cute and had some holiday cheer to it, it just wasn't what I have come to expect from Alyssa Rose Ivy and her Hazards series. I liked the characters, but didn't love them. I wanted to feel more of a connection to them and between them, but I just never did. I felt that the story had a bit of a forced and rushed feeling to it, and I didn't really like the jump in time of a year. But I also felt as though the dialogue was confusing at times as well. Sometimes it almost seemed as though I had missed something, and I would have to go back to check. I will say that I did like Dalton and Laney's characters a lot, and I think that they are both interesting enough to have their own stories. I hope that maybe we will get those in the future, especially Dalton's. I really like Alyssa Rose Ivy and her Hazards series, and would definitely recommend the series to NA fans. But this one just wasn't the same for me.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment