in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

ARC Review: 'Til Death by Bella Jewel


'Til Death Volume 1 is the first part of a two book series that Bella Jewel has said will contain an HEA. I hadn't read anything by Bella Jewel before starting this story, but I have heard so many good things that I knew I had to read this one. The cover made me immediately want to devour this novel, and Bella Jewel definitely didn't disappoint. I absolutely cannot wait for the next installment in this series!

Katia met and fell in love with a handsome stranger. She thought that she knew who he was, but it turns out that he was lying to her. To Marcus, Katia was nothing more than a contract. She was a means to an end, and he knew she was perfect for the part. All he had to do was convince her that he was the man for her and she would serve her purpose. But not long after they are married, Katia soon finds out that Marcus is nothing like she thought he was and that she married a monster. Now Katia will do whatever it takes to make him pay for what he has put her through.

Marcus is mysterious and sexy, and he is one of those characters that just sucks you right in. You know that you shouldn't like him, and yet you are unable to stop yourself from falling for him. He was charming when he needed to be, and I really liked seeing him change over the course of this book. You really got to see that he was struggling with feelings he had never had before, and I found it really interesting. Katia was a bit naive, but I liked her. She clearly didn't have a clue what she had got herself into, but that wasn't that surprising considering how fast things happened between her and Marcus. What got me about the whole thing was that he never told her he loved her or treated her that way, and yet she was convinced that he did but just hadn't verbalized it. She was reading an awful lot into a few things, and I couldn't understand how she fell in love so quickly with the way things were between them. She didn't question anything, and that made me lose a bit of respect for her. I did think that Marcus and Katia had a ton of sexual chemistry. These two were super hot, and it was clear that they were beyond compatible when it came to getting physical.

I thought that things were a bit confusing at times with the back in forth of POVs as well as shifts in time. I wish that it had been done in chronological order since there was also the shift in POV, because I really think that the flashbacks sort of left the reader disoriented and I was often times trying to figure out what was happening and when. I did enjoy getting to see inside both of these characters heads though, and I think that the dual POV really made this story impossible to put down. I didn't understand how these two happened so quickly with little to no questioning on Katia's part, but I did enjoy seeing them later on and how their feelings for one another were developing. Especially for Marcus, who had never experienced it before. I will tell you that this one does end with a lot up in the air, and when I finished I was dying for more. Despite the few issues that I had with this story, I was unable to stop while reading this one and devoured it in one sitting. I can't wait to get part two and see where Bella Jewel takes these characters next. This story is one that I would recommend, especially if you are looking for something a bit different and a little darker. This one isn't all hearts and flowers, and I really enjoyed getting something that was different from what I have been reading lately.

**ARC Provided by Give Me Books**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





1 comments :

  1. I haven't read any of her books yet, but man this story sounds intense and I'm definitely interested. I might wait until book two is out so I have them both available. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete