in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 13, 2015

ARC Review: The Other Brother Part 1: Forbidden by Lauren Hawkeye and Tawny Stokes


Forbidden is part one of The Other Brother Serial by Lauren Hawkeye and Tawny Stokes. This story was so much different than I expected, and I have to admit that I had no idea where this one was headed. The blurb gave me an idea of some of this story, but the rest took a completely different twist that surprised me. I am really intrigued to see where this one goes from here. 

Allegra was always the good girl, but after her father got remarried her stepbrother Seth came to live with them. Seth was the opposite of her, he was darker and broody. She tried to get him to open up to her, but all he did was push her away. Allegra found herself wanting to be with him, but knowing that he didn't look at her the same way. Then one night changed everything, and she didn't see him again. After everything that happened that night, she hated Seth. But now years later, Seth is back and things are more complicated than ever. 

With this being the first installment of three, this book was really short. Although we did get to know some about these characters, we are really only seeing part of who they are. Seth was hot and complicated. He was protective of Allegra and yet she really didn't have a clue how much he actually did for her. He kept his feelings secret and did what he could to make sure that she never found out things that he didn't want her to know. Allegra started off as the naive good girl, but after everything that had happened and with the time that had passed she changed. She had grown into a strong woman who was physically capable of protecting herself, yet she was able to accept her desires for someone to take control in the bedroom. I liked that she wasn't ashamed of herself and what she wanted. I felt the chemistry between Seth and Allegra from the start, but I was glad that things didn't happen between them when they were so young. While the four year age difference wasn't a big deal when they were older, it was something that would have bothered me when she was 14. 

I have to say that I really don't know what to make of her real brother Theo. He is so creepy, and I have no idea where the author's are going with his character. All I know is that I instantly disliked him, and all that we learned about him in this installment only made me more wary of him. There is something clearly wrong there, and I really hope that they are careful with how they proceed when it comes to him. I loved how this story was told from both Allegra and Seth's POV. This being the first part of three, there are a lot of things left up in the air and it does end with a cliffhanger. Luckily the other parts have been released, so you don't have to wait for them. I liked this installment and it definitely left me wanting to read more. The passion between Seth and Allegra is just starting to be explored and I am curious to see what will happen after where this one left off.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment