in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 12, 2015

ARC Review: Loving Colt by C.A. Harms


Loving Colt is the third book in the Southern Boys series by C.A. Harms. I have loved this series since I read the first book, and this book was no exception. Though this book can be read as a standalone, I think that readers will get the best enjoyment from this series by reading them in order. The characters are interconnected, so there will be some things spoiled if you don't start at the beginning. I don't know how C.A. Harms does it, but each book in this book is as good if not better than the last. I cannot recommend this series enough if you are looking for good contemporary romance stories filled with love and hope, and good southern boys that know how to love their women right. 

On the run from her abusive ex, Alexis wants nothing more than to keep her daughter safe and happy. When she stops in a small town in Georgia on the way to her family in Florida, she never expected to meet a man that would so completely change her life. Alexis quickly bonds with not only Colt, but also his family. When Colt finds out about Alex's past, he knows that he needs to take things slow with her. But the more that he spends time with her and her daughter, the harder he falls for them. But with Alex's ex still out there, will they ever be safe?

I loved Colt! He was such an amazing guy. Strong and sexy, yet so sweet and gentle with Alex and Maddison. He was protective and caring, and had such an instant connection with both of them. I loved how he was with Alexis, but he really won me over with how quickly he took to Maddison. He loved her just as much as Alexis, and they were so adorable together. He was such a great dad to her. Colt had so much love to give, and it was really great to see him find his perfect match. Alexis was strong and such a great mom. She had been through so much pain at a relatively young age, and yet she had such a great head on her shoulders. Her number one priority was her daughter, and I really admired that about her. She always put her little girl first, and she knew that whatever she did with her life would affect Maddison. She had grown to have trust issues with men after all that she had been through, but I liked that she knew Colt was different. She was still wary of him in the beginning, but you could tell that she also felt such a strong connection to him and that he was someone that she could count on. Colt and Alexis were great together and I loved the chemistry between them. But they also were so connected to Maddison that it just felt like everything that had happened to them all had led up to them becoming a family. 

Overall, I absolutely love this series and everything I have read from C.A. Harms. She always delivers such heartfelt and emotional stories that feel real and believable. The characters are always deep, and I am instantly invested in their stories. It was great to see familiar faces in this book, but I really liked getting to meet some new ones as well. After reading Loving Colt, I really hope that C.A. Harms will write books for Alexis's brother Jett and her sister Harper. They were great, and I just know that they each have a lot more to them than we know yet. I especially liked Jett and I think he deserves his own HEA. If you haven't read anything by C.A. Harms yet, I think that this series is a great place to start. I have loved every single book in the series, and these characters are some of my all time favorites! I know that I will read more from C.A. Harms in the future, and I honestly cannot wait to see what she writes next!

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





2 comments :

  1. Sounds like a fab series, but I might jump the gun and grab this one. I am such a softy for guys loving on single moms and their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...so glad you loved this one so much. I just bought it and going to read it soon, so I just can't wait. And I had stumbled upon a excerpt and that totally got me to get it. LOL

    ReplyDelete