in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 8, 2015

ARC Review: Shaken by Alyne Roberts


Shaken is the third book in the Conflicted Encounters Series by Alyne Roberts. Though this book can be read as a standalone story, the characters are first introduced in the previous books Jolted and Impacted. Alyne Roberts is a new to me author, so I hadn't had a chance to read the previous books before this one and I can't wait to go back and read those. I am so glad that I took a chance on this book since it was several of my favorite tropes all rolled into one because it was really good and I really enjoyed the author's writing style. 

Scarlett Brooks doesn't believe in love. Guys will only disappoint you and break your heart from what she has seen, and all she needs are her twin brother Ryder and their two best friends Logan and Caleb. They provide everything she needs, and what they don't provide she is happy to get through one night stands with strangers. But Logan King is tired of watching his best friend's sister act so reckless and continue to make horrible decisions. Logan and Scarlett have always been close, and he knows that the way to get her to change is by making a bet with her. When he wins, he convinces her to give him control of her decisions and stop sleeping around. But as Logan begins putting his plan into action, they notice that their once extremely close friendship is suddenly changing. They are still close, but there is also an attraction that they never acknowledged before. Can Logan help Scarlett open up and learn to trust again, or will they cross the line and destroy their friendship in the process? 

I really liked Logan. He was so sweet and kind, and I loved how protective he was of Scarlett. He had always been a source of support and encouragement for her, and I really liked that he always stood up for her. He might not have liked her actions, but he was always the first to stick up for her. He cared about her so much, and it was clear that he didn't feel comfortable at first with the way things were changing between them. He had always felt like she was off limits, but he couldn't fight what he was feeling. I loved how easy their relationship was, and it was based off years of friendship and unconditional love. Scarlett knew without a doubt that she could always turn to Logan no matter what happened, and I think that went such a long way in helping her get over her fears and insecurities. Scarlett did have her moments that she annoyed me a bit, but for the most part I really liked her. I thought that she and Logan were perfect together, and they just clicked with one another. I understood why she had some issues with trust and men, but I thought that she took it a little too far at times. I didn't like how much she slept around, especially considering it wasn't even making her happy. I was really glad for her deal with Logan so we didn't have to see her continue to hook up with other guys. Logan and Scarlett had so much chemistry between them that it was surprising that they had never seen it before, but I really enjoyed seeing them figure it out together. 

Overall, this was a really great story and I really liked the characters. Logan knew exactly what Scarlett needed, and I really liked seeing him help her realize that she didn't need to sleep around to feel wanted. He knew her better than anyone, and I loved how he was with her. I also really loved the friendship that they shared, and their pranks on each other were so much fun! I couldn't wait to see what they would do next, and I loved that they didn't change any of that as their relationship started to change. These two were great together, but I loved the family that they had created as well. Scarlett's brother and his girlfriend as well as Caleb had such great camaraderie, and I liked how close they were. It was proof that family is what you make it, rather that just what you were born into. I absolutely cannot wait to read more in this series and from Alyne Roberts. I have to admit I want to read Ryder's story, but I am really curious about Caleb. I can't wait to get to know him better. If you are looking for an all around good story about friendship and love I would definitely recommend this book. I think that it has something for everyone and the characters are very easy to relate to.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment