in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 20, 2015

ARC Review: Pleasured By You by Steph Nuss


Pleasured By You is the third book in the Love in the City Series by Steph Nuss. Each book in this series is standalone, but the characters are interconnected. I would recommend reading these in order because I have really enjoyed every book in the series and you do get to know the characters better that way, but it is not necessary to understand or enjoy each book. Though I have really enjoyed each book in the series, I think that Pleasured By You was my favorite so far. This book was really good and I liked the characters a lot.

Pastry chef Baylor Jennings doesn't do relationships, and when it comes to guys she has a set of rules that she lives by. Fletcher Haney has no problem getting women into his bed, and he also lives by a set of rules. But when they meet on New Year's Eve and spend a passionate night together, they both can't stop thinking about one another. Now months later they haven't spoken since that night, but they are brought together when they both show up at the same wedding. When Baylor moves to NYC and interviews for her dream job at a popular bakery, she quickly finds out that Fletcher is the owner. Fletcher doesn't usually sleep with women that he employs, but he finds himself breaking his own rules for the chance to be with Baylor again. When Fletcher proposes the idea of a sex only friendship between the two of them, Baylor ends up agreeing. But the more they see each other the more they begin to fall for one another and soon things aren't as casual as they had planned on. Can Baylor and Fletcher ditch their rules and find happiness together, or will Baylor continue to avoid relationships at all costs? 

 I really loved Fletcher. He was so sweet and kind, and so super sexy. I loved his friendships and the fact that he was a Big Brother to a kid that had needed someone. He loved spending time with Rook, and they were pretty funny together. You could tell that they both really cared about each other, and I thought it was so great that Baylor was a member of the program as well. They connected on so many levels, and that was just one of them. Baylor was independent and sassy, and I was really glad that she was so comfortable with herself and her desires. But I didn't really like how she continued to think that she couldn't have a future with someone. She didn't have a reason for it at all, and I think that was what bothered me the most. She hadn't been hurt, so her reluctance to have anything with Fletcher despite her growing feelings for him just didn't make sense to me. These two were so hot together, and their chemistry was amazing. I just wish that Baylor had seen how great they were together sooner and hadn't let her insecurities hold her back so much.

Overall, this was still a really great story and was my favorite of the series. Baylor and Fletcher were great together and I really liked seeing them get closer. I loved that Baylor was into roller derby and was such a strong female. She was a great role model for Vail, and I liked that she never talked down to her and was always there for whatever Vail needed. Seeing Baylor and Fletcher with Vail and Rook were some of my favorite parts of this book, and I loved them all together. It was great to see them having such a good time together, and I think that Vail and Rook added so much to this story. If you are looking for an all around great romance series, I think that this is one that you shouldn't miss. Steph Nuss draws you right in every time, and you can't help but love the characters from her stories. I already can't wait for the next book in this series, and I look forward to reading more from Steph Nuss in the future.

**ARC Provided by Book Empire Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment