in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

ARC Review: When I Fall by J. Daniels


When I Fall is the third book in the Alabama Summer Series by J. Daniels. Each book can be read as a standalone with interconnected characters. I hadn't read any of the previous books in the series before starting this one but after reading this one, I know I will be going back and reading them in the future. I really enjoyed this book, and I am looking forward to reading the other books and getting to know some of these characters better. 

For the past nine years, Reed has kept things with women casual. He doesn't sleep with them more than once, he doesn't kiss them, and as soon as the sun rises he kicks them out. But when he sees a pretty brunette across the bar, he knows he has to have her next. Reed is instantly drawn to Beth, but when his ex comes walking into the bar things quickly spin out of control. Seeing his reaction, Beth tells his ex that they are dating and accepts an invitation to her engagement party. Reed has no plans to attend and isn't willing to have any kind of relationship, even a fake one. But his friends help him realize that this might be the chance to show his ex that he is better off without her once and for all. But the more Reed gets to know Beth, the more he can't stop thinking about her. Soon Reed begins to see that with Beth around his heart is no longer safe, and he might not be able to keep things as casual as he hoped.

I really liked Reed. He might have been a total manwhore at the start of this book, but it was clear right away that he had been badly hurt in the past. He was doing his best to keep himself from experiencing that kind of pain again. I loved how he was with his friends and their kids though. You got to see a completely different side of him when he was around them, and he was absolutely adorable with Nolan. I thought that Beth was a really good match for him, and she had him off balance right from the start. It was clear that she was different for him, and I was glad that he took the chance to get to know her instead of pushing her away. Beth was easy to like, and I found myself rooting from her right from the start. She hadn't had an easy life growing up, and yet she was so sweet. I loved her relationship with her aunt and uncle, and I really liked how instantly protective they were of her. But I also liked that she wasn't your typical heroine, and I think that was what made me like her so much. She wasn't a total girly girl, and I loved that she was more comfortable in her boots than in a dress and heels. These two had a great connection right from the start, and I also thought that their chemistry was off the charts. Reed and Beth were super hot together and I couldn't get enough of them. I really enjoyed seeing these two get to know one another and how they began to fall for each other. 

Overall, this was a really good book. I was drawn in right from the start, and I really liked the characters. I thought that there were some really cute moments throughout this book, and Nolan was a huge part of that. I really loved him around Reed, and I thought that they were so cute. I love when a relationship starts off fake and then the hero and heroine end up falling for one another, and this was such a good book that didn't feel like anything I have read before. It was fresh and fun, and I was able to lose myself in this story. I can't wait to read more from J. Daniels after reading this book. It is the first that I have read from Daniels, but it definitely won't be my last. I would absolutely recommend this story, and I can't wait for more from this series.

**ARC Provided by Give Me Books**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment