in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 19, 2015

ARC Review: Protecting Fate by Katee Robert


Good fun, shallow plot, easy to forget…

Protecting Fate is the story of Sara and Z. Sara is a fixer who fixes herself right into having to run out of town to save herself from…I’m still not exactly sure. Whatever she was running from, it led her out to the random ass country where Z was assigned to protect her. Sara is freaky circa BDSM clubs and what-not and so is Z. Obviously these two lasted two minutes (possibly less) before sparks were flying like the Fourth of July. The problem is they have issues (surprise surprise) that must be overcome before we can get our HEA.

I don’t have much to say about this book. That is probably more a reflection of the book than my verbosity (OMG, I totally thought I was making that up but it appears to actually be a word). There wasn’t a whole lot to the book. Sara and Z were all alone in the middle of nowhere for the majority of the book going through the normal push and pull of lust v. the need for psychotherapy.

Neither Sara nor Z were developed enough as characters for me to tell you much about them. As the reader, we were given only a very limited view of both characters. The limitations were both in terms of the time that we are exposed to the characters and the breadth of their actual depiction. Despite the lack of substance surrounding their depiction, I did still have a general sense of their chemistry and I liked them as a couple.

There really isn’t much of a plot in this book. There are a couple of paragraphs devoted to developing some back story with Sara’s job and Z’s military history but we as the readers don’t experience any of that. It’s given to us in summary form. That’s not necessarily a bad thing but it can leave you with the impression that the book was lacking in depth.

The majority of the book is the depiction of the sexual exploration between Z and Sara. The sex scenes were ok-good but like the rest of the book, there was nothing striking about the sex scenes.

I know it might seem like I’m writing a bad review but I’m actually not. The book was an easy read and I enjoyed it. I just know that by the end of the week (or day) I won’t remember much about it and I won’t be able to distinguish it from the hundreds of other similar books I’ve read.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |



0 comments :

Post a Comment