in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 21, 2015

ARC Review: Belong by Jennifer Foor


I cannot even begin to describe how excited I was when I found out what characters would be getting their story in Belong. The minute I got the cover and read the blurb, I could not get my hands on this book fast enough! Jennifer Foor is a great writer and I really enjoy her stories, but I have to say that her Seven Year Itch series is one of absolute favorites. These stories are not for everyone, and I will caution readers that have issues with cheating to consider if these books are for them. I have loved them though, and they are books that never leave my mind for long. As much as I have loved each of the books so far though, this one was my favorite. For those readers that are new to this series, this book can be read as a standalone though I would recommend at least reading Bereft first as these characters are featured there first. Fans of the series will be excited to see familiar faces and I really believe that this is a must read for anyone that has read Bereft. 

Ten years ago, Chad fell in love with Rachel. While to most that wouldn't be a problem, Rachel was married. Walking away so that she could be happy and he could try to move on, Chad focused on his career and eventually married someone else. Though he now has a child with his wife, something has always been missing, and things are getting worse and his marriage is failing. Just as things appear to be as bad as they can get, Chad has to return home to bury the man who raised him. But when he finds himself once again around Rachel, he is forced to face the fact that his feelings for her have never gone away. 

While I loved Bereft and was happy to see Rachel and Grayson work things out, it was a very bittersweet ending for me because I loved Chad so much! I had always thought that Chad and Rachel would have been so great together, and I really loved how their relationship had evolved in Bereft. These two didn't really get along at first, but as their friendship grew so did their connection. It was never a matter of if these two cared about one another, and their chemistry was off the charts! Chad was such a good guy and I loved him for Rachel, so it was really good to see these two find one another again after so long apart. So much had changed for each of them, and it was really interesting to get to see how each of them had grown and evolved over the ten years since we saw them last. Rachel and Chad are some of my all time favorite characters, and I devoured every bit of their story.

Overall, I absolutely loved this story and getting more of these characters. This book absolutely broke me at times, but Jennifer Foor also put me back together piece by piece. The one thing that I can tell you is that Jennifer Foor loves her angst and there are times that her books will rip your heart out. But I can also tell you that she has a way of healing everything as well, and giving the reader as well as the characters a happy ending that is very satisfying. Belong is one of my favorite books I have read from Jennifer Foor and might actually be my favorite of hers ever. It is so hard to pick just one though, and I reserve the right to change my mind whenever I feel like it! If you like to torture yourself with angst at times like I do, I highly recommend anything written by Jennifer Foor. But even if you aren't a huge fan of angst and are somewhat skeptical before diving in here, I would still recommend giving her books a chance as they are well written, unique, and ultimately full of love and emotion. Belong is a must read book to me, and I can honestly say that I cannot wait to read more from Jennifer Foor. 

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment