in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

ARC Review: 26 Kisses by Anna Michels


I am going to be really honest here and say that this book just didn't work for me. When I first read the blurb for 26 Kisses by Anna Michels, I was expecting something cute, light-hearted and funny. It sounded like an adorable summer read, and I was really looking forward to it. But honestly this book just drove me nuts, and I am beginning to wonder if maybe I am just getting old enough that these YA stories aren't working for me anymore. 

26 Kisses starts off with Veda's boyfriend dumping her. She is left heartbroken and humiliated, when her best friend comes up with a challenge for her to kiss 26 different guys, one for each letter of the alphabet. But just as Veda starts making her way through the list and thinking she has things figured out, she meets a guy who changes everything. She knows that after just breaking up with Mark that she isn't ready for a relationship, but can she allow herself to open up to the possibility that she can take a chance again at love? 

Part of my problem here was Veda. She was such a doormat, letting pretty much everyone in her life bulldoze right over her. She was weak, and I couldn't connect with her at all. She wasn't that into the challenge and seemed to have to force herself through it half the time. Then she meets Killian and continues to go along with the challenge, even when she knows it doesn't feel right. I know they weren't together officially, but it just left me with an icky feeling how they were developing feelings for one another and yet she went out and kissed someone else. The characters felt very immature, often acting childish and petty. I just grew more annoyed as the story continued and honestly I was just over it by the time I finished.

If I wasn't already having enough problems with the characters and their actions, the ending of this one pretty much ruined it for me. There was a ton of drama and it got to be over the top and ridiculous. Once that was all resolved, things were barely wrapped up and it just felt like it was rushed and someone thrown together. I wanted a couple more chapters or an epilogue or something, because there really wasn't a satisfying ending here and I ended up feeling like I wasted a bunch of time for no reason. Overall, this isn't a book that I would recommend but if you think it might be one you would like it might be worth giving a shot. Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you wont, but honestly I think that there are far better YA reads out there that are more worth of your time and money than this one was.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment