in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 3, 2016

ARC Review: On the Brink by Kate Willoughby


On the Brink is the first book that I have ever read from Kate Willoughby, but this is actually a part of her In the Zone series. While released after several of the books in the series, On the Brink is a prequel story about two of the characters that have been seen in the background of her other novels. It is easily read as a standalone story though, and I had no problems understanding anything here. I loved that Kate wrote this story to give fans more of Jeremy Fenton and Hart Griffin.

In this novella, we find out how Jeremy and Hart met and fell in love. Both in college, Jeremy is out and proud and comfortable with who he is. Hart is the captain of the Holtzer University hockey team and has his sights set on becoming a professional hockey player. Though he is curious about his sexuality, he knows that he has to remain straight if he wants to join the NHL. But when he meets Jeremy, everything begins to change and Hart finds that he isn't as straight as he claims to be. But can he have something real with Jeremy, or will there be too many obstacles preventing him from taking a chance? 

I really liked Jeremy and Hart. These two had so much chemistry right away. I loved Jeremy for being who he was, despite all the bad that came his way because of it. My heart hurt for him and all that people did just because of who he was. I was so glad that he met Hart and that they grew to be so close. I liked Hart coming to terms with who he was as well. He struggled with it, and he needed Jeremy to be there for him. The connection these two formed was so special, and I really felt like they belonged together. Seeing them deal with the tough stuff as well as just having a great time together really made me believe that their relationship was one that could overcome anything that came their way. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this short novella and seeing how these two met and came to be together. After reading and enjoying this story, I can't wait to read the rest of the series. I love sports romance stories, and I felt like this one had a great balance of romance as well as sports. The hockey action was done really well and there was enough of it as well as the romance to keep my flipping pages and anxious for more! Kate Willoughby might have been new to me at the start of this story, but she is definitely an author I plan to read more from in the future. I am really looking forward to reading the rest of this series and seeing what else she writes.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 





1 comments :