in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 4, 2016

ARC Review: What Remains by Garrett Leigh


What Remains is the first book that I have read by Garrett Leigh. I really enjoyed it, and I can't wait to read more from him. This book grabbed my attention right away, and I didn't want to put it down! It was such an emotional read, and I really loved the story. 

Jodi Peters is a web designer used to being alone. He hangs out with his best friend and ex-girlfriend Sophie a few times a week, but besides that and an occasional night out he lives a solitary life. One night he meets Rupert O'Neil, a recently divorced firefighter and the sparks between them begin to fly. As Rupert and Jodi grow closer, they fall in love and Rupert moves in with Jodi. For four years they are in love and life is great, with Rupert's daughter completing their family. But when an accident steals Jodi's memory and almost takes his life, Rupert and Jodi are left to try and pick up the pieces of their broken life. While Jodi struggles to come to terms with the life he has led for the last several years, Rupert must cling to the life they shared and hope that he can get Jodi fall in love with him once again. 

I really loved these two. They were so perfect for one another and the love between them was so special. Their connection and chemistry were undeniable, and I thought that they had always been meant for one another. I hated that they had to go through such a tough thing together and that the life they had built was being threatened. My heart broke for both Jodi and Rupert, as I couldn't imagine being in either one of their positions. I was so glad that Rupert held out hope, even when things got to be hard to handle. I just knew that these two had to find a way back to one another, because a love like theirs was one that is rare and only comes around once in a lifetime. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I loved that we got to see the past and how these two met and fell in love, as well as the present. There was so much that had happened in the present and at times it was a bit bleak and sad, so seeing them during happier times and watching as they formed their bond was something that helped to brighten the story and really allow the reader to connect with these two and hold out hope that these two would be okay in the end. This might have been my first book by Garrett Leigh, but it definitely won't be my last. I can't wait to read more from him, and I highly recommend this book if you are a fan of M/M books. This one was sexy, emotional, and was just a really great story that I think M/M fans will really enjoy.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 






0 comments :

Post a Comment