in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, July 4, 2016

ARC Review: The Billionaire's Favorite Mistake by Jessica Clare


Spoiler: This is not a positive review. In my defense and to give you context, I have read all of the other books in this series and this is the first one getting a bad review from me. I really liked a couple of the other books in this series. This one, however....just NO. The ONLY reason I'm not giving it one star is because I did finish it. I don't know what it says about me that I did but I'm guessing I need more hobbies.

So here's the background: Greer has been quietly in love with her friend and billionaire playboy Asher for years. While Asher takes full advantage of being Greer's friend and uses her for emotional support, he does not see her as anything more than a friend. Greer decides it's time to be more aggressive about changing that and finally gets Asher's attention. RIGHT HERE, from this point on, things start to go downhill very friggin fast. I don't know how much I should tell you but Asher and Greer's first time is a clusterfu!k of epic proportions. It made Greer look like an idiot and Asher came out looking like a gaping a-hole. And oh yeah, Greer gets pregnant, did I mention that? I can't even remember how Asher found out about the pregnancy but as soon as he did, he decides he has to have Greer. And honestly, that came out of left field. Along with the rest of the book.

There are so many wonderful books, I do not enjoy writing bad reviews. This lack of enjoyment is compounded when dealing with one of my normally preferred authors. So I really don't want to focus on too much of the bad stuff but I do have to make a couple of points or I wouldn't be doing my "job." First, Greer goes to a party basically blind (instead of wearing the glasses that she needs to see) so that her bff will become her bf. I kind of wanted to punch her for that. While Greer is blind, she lets her drunk bff knock her up in some ridiculously bad outdoor sex......WHYYYYYYYY? And then things get worse because Greer decides to run off with Asher's baby because of the way he treated HER. This is one of my extreme pet peeves in a romance novel. I absolutely can't stand a heroine who tries to keep a child away from the Dad because of issues SHE has with him. It's still his friggin kid. It's not his fault you were a dummy who let him bang you raw while you were blind and he was drunk. Ugh!

Asher tried to pull himself together and become a better man. He hatched a stupid plan to get Greer to become his but hey, he tried. Asher, post-drunk outdoor sex, was the only sort of decent thing about this book. When I say that Asher hatched a stupid plan, what I mean is that it was completely ludicrous and made no sense. You know what? Remembering the ridiculousness of this book is making my head hurt. Let me just wrap this up. Try another book in this series or just any other book by this author. If you want to read this one, do not blame your headache on me. I tried to tell you.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo |


1 comments :

  1. Yeah, I'd have to agree with all your points. Every single thing about this book pissed me off. I've really enjoyed the rest of this series, as well as the author's other works, but this one was SO BAD that I actually wondered if it was written by a completely different author.

    ReplyDelete