in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 21, 2016

ARC Review: Dark Corners by A.M. Madden


I didn't like this book BUT in all fairness, this just isn't the right book for ME. This might be a good pick for you.

This is David and Maygen's story.  I thought I would like this book because David is the strong heroic type and that always gets me going.  I knew it was about David coming back from the edge of severe depression and PTSD  but I just didn't realize David would be in as bad of shape as he was. Ok, I feel like a horrible person for even saying this about a fictional former soldier but hey it is fiction. David lived in a crappy apartment. He wasn't really doing much with his life and he was just generally a little pitiful  Ok,so normally I love to see guys in this position get saved by a strong female hero but in this case, David needed a lot of saving.

And then there is Maygen.  Ok, I liked her.  She was strong and a little quirky and she did amazing things for David's frayed sense of self.  David, however, with his poor broke down self turned out to be hiding something that ultimately would be a betrayal to Maygen.  Obviously she eventually forgives him and voila HEA.  The betrayal wasn't enough of a plot twist.  It seemed like the author tried to spice things up with a stalker plot line but even that seemed more like an after thought than a focal point of the story.  In the meantime, I just felt every second of this book. There was something about the plot that just dragged.  I even found many of the interactions between the characters to be very awkward and drawn out. 

I think if you like a lot of emotion and the kind of agonizing hero that David is, you might like this book.  For me, I think I'm just looking for something sexier and more fast paced.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment