in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

ARC Review: Over The Edge by Meredith Wild


I have a rule about menage romance that allows me to enjoy SOME of these books. If the three parts to the menage get together at the same time and make the decision to proceed with the threesome, I'm ok with it. I do not like two characters being together and bringing in a third. This book is in the sort of gray area. You get the feeling that Will and Olivia are going to start a relationship. Things between them are intense and hot and heavy but then Will ask Ian to be the 3rd man from the beginning. Will's reason's for asking Ian to run interference caused me to give him a giant side eye. He wants Ian to get involved with Olivia so things don't get too serious between him and Olivia. That changes pretty quickly.

As it turns out, Will's roommate and friend Ian has had a long standing thing for Olivia. The problem for Ian is that Olivia is his best friend's little sister. His friend makes it clear that he wants his bro-ski no where near his little sister. When Will decides to dive in to a relationship with Olivia, Ian is like 'eff it' I'm not going to be the odd man out. There are other books in this series that I haven't read.  

I take it from the way Ian's friend reacts to him being with his sister, the two got up to all sorts of shenanigans involving women. Even given Ian's history with women, both of Olivia's brothers react to her trio relationship in a way that was so over-the-top it was distracting. Saying they were pissed is an understatement. 

I really liked this book. Sometimes, I found it difficult to keep track of the relationships though. In other trio books the trio is usually more unified. My issue with this book is that it often seemed like Olivia was having two totally separate relationships with Ian and Will. I didn't really love that dynamic. I like trio books where everyone seems to be more in one relationship. The only other issue I had with this book is that Olivia's reaction to her brothers was a little weak at moments. All in all these are minor things. This is a uber sexy book with lots of emotional connections and great supporting cast. This is a great way to kick of your holiday season book reading tour.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N


0 comments :

Post a Comment