in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 21, 2016

ARC Review: Decidedly Off Limits by Stina Lindenblatt


I have read several of Stina Lindenblatt's books and while I have enjoyed each of them, there have been things about them that kept me from truly loving them. When I read the blurb for Decidedly Off Limits though, I knew I had to read it. Not only did the blurb sound awesome, but Decidedly Off Limits is my jam! I absolutely love brother's best friend romance books, and I will read every last one. I have to say though that this is my favorite of the books that I have read from Stina Lindenblatt. While I did really like it, there were a few things that kept this one from being perfect for me though. 

Trent and Kelsey have both wanted each other for as long as they can remember, but they know that nothing can happen between them. Not only is Kelsey's older brother Trent's best friend, but she is Trent's little sister's best friend. After breaking up with her ex-fiance, Kelsey isn't ready to be second choice to someone's job again which is just another reason why things with Trent would never work. Trent learned the hard way that relationships don't work for him, and he knows that Kelsey deserves better than he can offer her even if things weren't forbidden between them. But when Kelsey's brother heads overseas for his newest mission, he makes Trent promise to keep an eye on her and the more time they spend together the harder they find it to fight the connection that has always been there. 

I really liked these two and the connection they shared. It was obvious that they had always felt strongly about one another, and yet they never talked to each other about it or did anything. I understood that they had their reasons, and yet it was frustrating that they had no clue how the other felt because they simply never communicated it. They had strong chemistry, and with their feelings being genuine it made me skeptical that their families would have been upset about them being together for long. When they finally did start to explore what was between them, they spent so much time trying to hide their relationship that I started to get a bit frustrated. I really did like them together and thought that they were great for one another, but I just wish that things would have happened a bit different for their relationship as it progressed. 

Overall, this was a good book and definitely my favorite of those I have read from Stina Lindenblatt. There were still some things that I would have liked to have seen happen differently, but I think that readers will enjoy this one. I would probably rate this one somewhere between 3 and 4 stars, but I was invested in their story right away and I liked the characters a lot which made it hard to put this book down. I am hoping that Stina will continue to tell stories about some of the secondary characters from this book as I liked them just as much as Kelsey and Trent. I recommend giving this one a shot if you like contemporary romance stories with a touch of the forbidden.

**ARC Provided by Bocci PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment