in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 8, 2014

ARC Review: Pulled Beneath by Marni Mann


Pulled Beneath is the first book in Marni Mann's Bar Harbor series. This book was so good, and it was so much more than I ever expected. The blurb sounded good, but once I started reading this story I was drawn in and instantly intrigued. This book kept me guessing the entire way through and I had no idea what was really going on half of the time. I loved that I couldn't guess the twists and turns, and that this one was so different from everything that I have read before. The way that Marni Mann was able to weave everything together in this story and have it so that every character and event had its purpose was really fantastic. I loved her writing style, and I can't wait to read more from her.

When Drew Stevens loses her parents after they are brutally murdered, she ends up feeling lost and looking for anything to help her escape. She swims to quiet her thoughts and erase the horrible images in her head. She receives notice that she has inherited a house from grandparents that she thought had died when she was a small child. She leaves Florida and heads to Maine to get more answers. When she arrives she meets with the lawyer and decides to renovate the house before putting it up for sale. But the more that she starts to learn, the more questions she has. She meets her grandparent's next door neighbor's grandson Saint, and she is instantly drawn to him. But Saint is closed off and has a reputation for using women and lots of them. The more that she gets to know him though, the more she realizes that no one really knows Saint and they have him all wrong. Can Saint and Drew find a way to heal from their painful pasts and move forward together? What happens when Drew starts to get the answers to all the questions that she has?

I liked Saint. He was such a sexy mystery for the first portion of this story, but I was like Drew in that I was both intrigued by him and wanted to know more. Drew was able to see that there was so much pain beneath the surface with Saint, and they were able to relate to each other because of it. They understood each other in a way that no one else did. Saint tried to stay away from Drew because he thought that she deserved better, but he was also always there when she needed him. He was always looking out for her, and he was really thoughtful when it came to Drew. Drew was struggling with so much, and she was questioning her entire life. I felt so bad for her as I cannot even imagine what it would be like to find out that not only did you lose your parents, but you find out that the parents you knew were not anything like what you thought. I was glad that she had her best friend Gia and that she had started to make other friends in Maine. Even though Saint appeared to have a certain reputation, Drew didn't let that stop her from getting to know him and I liked that she got to see the person that he actually was. They had a lot of chemistry and were so drawn to each other. I thought that their connection was very real and believable, and they had an intensity to them that is so rare.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I loved that there was so much more to this story than you first realize, and that I never was able to figure everything out. I can't really go into much more about this story without spoiling anything, but trust me when I tell you that you should read this one for yourself to see what happens! This story was so good and I thought it was a great start to this series. I loved Saint and Drew, but I also really liked a lot of the secondary characters. I am so excited to get more of them and see what happens next in this series. The reason that this book wasn't a full five stars for me is that I felt the beginning and a few other parts were a bit slow. I was intrigued from the start, but it was a little hard to get into at first. Despite the fact that it lagged a bit, the story had a great flow and kept me intrigued. I highly recommend this story and look forward to reading more from Marni Mann in the future.

**ARC Provided by Tasty Book Tours**

Purchase:Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |




1 comments :