in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 5, 2014

Review: Surrender by Melody Anne


Surrender is the first book in the Surrender series by Melody Anne. I am not sure how I missed that this wasn't a standalone, but needless to say I was shocked at the end when there was a cliffhanger. Luckily all the books have been released, so I won't have to wait long to figure out what happens next. I really liked this book and I found it interesting. It does have a lot of similarities to some of the other popular billionaire alpha books that are out there, but there are also quite a few things that make this one different and worth the read.

Raffaello Pallazo (Rafe) has always had a great life. He works hard, is successful, has a loving family and doesn't want for anything. Until he discovers his wife cheating on him with one of his best friends and business partners. Rafe decides that he will never again let a woman into his heart or give his trust so easily. Arianna Harlow (Ari) was in school and looking forward to a successful future when an accident took everything away. She has sold off everything she could, and is looking for any way to make money in order to take care of her mother. When she sees an ad in the paper for a generous paying job, she immediately goes to apply. After a lot of strange requests and vague details, Ari finds out the job is actually to be Rafe's mistress. He will support her and leave her with a generous severance package when he is finished. Ari is drawn to Rafe, but is disgusted by the way he looks at his relationships as a business venture. She keeps telling him no, and decides that she will look elsewhere. But Rafe doesn't give up easily, and when her mom ends up needing some very expensive surgeries and treatments will Ari be able to continue to say no to him? Especially after they spend more time together and see how well they fit together?

I liked Rafe. He was honest and up-front, and he was also caring with Ari. He struggled to keep things with her the same as he always does, but it was good to see him not be able to remain so detached. I will admit that I didn't really quite understand why he was so extreme with his relationships after his ex-wife. I got that he was hurt and that he was skeptical of all women after that, but it seemed to be a bit much. Especially since he had such a normal and loving childhood and his family was great. I did like that he was sweet to those he loved though and you could tell that he really would do anything for them. As he and Ari got to know each other better, you could see that he was starting to really care about her and was allowing himself to do things he wouldn't normally do with his women. Ari was strong and determined. I loved that she didn't just give in to everything that Rafe said, and she really made him work for it. She was drawn to him and could have easily taken everything he offered, but she didn't and that showed a lot about her character. Rafe and Ari had a lot of chemistry, and they were extremely hot together. But you could also tell that they were forming a connection that went beyond the physical and that they would be really good together.

I really enjoyed this book and I was so interested in seeing what would happen that I couldn't put this one down. There was a lot of steam and heat, but there were also some really great moments between them that showed what their future could be like. I did feel like this book was slow at times, and even though I was invested in these characters I thought that it seemed to drag a bit. I really liked Rafe and Ari, but I also loved the other characters. Rafe's sisters Lia and Rachel were really interesting and I loved them! I can't wait to get more of them and see what happens with Lia and Rafe's friend Shane. I am really looking forward to seeing what happens next for all these characters, and seeing Ari and Rafe's relationship continue. I would definitely recommend giving this book a shot if you are a fan of erotic romance and like the demanding alpha types. I will definitely be reading more in this series, and can't wait to read more from Melody Anne in the future.

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |



0 comments :

Post a Comment