in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 10, 2014

ARC Review: Wild About Her Wingman by Robin Bielman


I am a huge fan of Robin Bielman's at this point, and she had never once disappointed me. I have been looking forward to her next Secret Wishes novel since I finished Shane and Kagan's story! I started reading Wild About Her Wingman with the intent of reading a few chapters before bed, but I was so drawn in that I ended up staying awake until the early hours of the morning because I had to finish this story! I absolutely devoured it because I loved Troy and Erin so much! This book is the third novel in her Secret Wishes series, but these can be read as standalones containing interconnected characters. I highly recommend reading all the book in this series though as they are fantastic!

Erin has always been the wild child and thrill seeker when it comes to life, but after being cheated on in college she has been protective of her heart. She never usually gives anyone more than a few dates before walking away. She decides that she might finally be ready to have a boyfriend again, and with the help of her friends decides to get herself out there. While hanging out with a group of friends, a bet is made that Troy will help her find the perfect guy. He has had luck with set-ups in the past and seems to be the perfect guy for the job. With doing the grocery shopping for his fire house for the next two months on the line, Troy is not about to lose the bet and sets out to find Erin her perfect match. But the more that Erin and Troy get to know each other, the more their feelings for each other grow. Even though Troy could see himself with Erin and likes her, he knows that she is the last kind of girl he needs. After losing his girlfriend in a horrible accident, he needs to find a girl that is safe and doesn't take risks like Erin does. Can Troy and Erin get over their pasts and realize that they are perfect together?

I really liked Troy. He was so sweet and nice and I loved his commitment to his family. He was absolutely adorable with his niece, and I loved how close the two of them were. He was also just such a really good guy. He wasn't a manwhore or a pushy alpha, he was just so normal and real. I liked that he seemed to believe the best in others until proven differently. I also really loved Erin's character. She was strong and adventurous, but she also had such a soft and vulnerable side that she didn't show to most people. I liked seeing her really start to let Troy in and allow him to see who she really was. Erin was a really cool heroine that I could totally see myself hanging out with in real life. She was fun and sweet, and she was really great with her friends and family. I thought that her and Troy were the perfect pair, and they really seemed to fit together with a natural ease. They both enjoyed a lot of the same things, and they were always just so comfortable with each other. They had a great connection and they also had a ton of chemistry together. You could really tell just how attracted to each other they were, but you could also tell that it was more than just physical.

I really loved this book, but I wasn't at all surprised because I knew that Robin Bielman always delivers. She has a way of writing this real characters that are so easy to relate to and become invested in. It was really great to get to know both Troy and Erin in this story, but I also loved meeting some new characters as well as getting more of some past favorites! This book was written well and sucked me in from the very start. The thing that really amazes me about Bielman's books are that even though they are closed door romances, I never miss the sex or physical aspects of the books. They are such good stories, that it doesn't even matter that they don't really show anything physical. They just draw you in and make you become invested in the characters, and are so believable. I really loved Luke and Sela from the first book, but I have to say that Troy and Erin are my new favorites! These two were so much fun to read about and I loved the matchmaker premise of this book. I highly recommend checking this story as well as the others in this series out. Robin Bielman is one of those that I would auto-buy at this point, and so far all of her books that I have read are absolute must reads. Troy and Erin's story is no exception and I can't wait to get more from Robin Bielman in the future.

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iTunes |




3 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for this awesome review, Casey! Your very kind words have made my day! I'm thrilled you loved Troy and Erin's story! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to everything you said, Casey! Robin's books are must-reads for me and she has never disappointed. I read another book by her, Worth the Risk, yesterday and it was an incredible read also. It's from her Take a Risk series and racier than her Wishes series. I'm starting Risky Surrender tonight - it's the 2nd in this series. Robin - Your books ROCK!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an ARC of this to read, as well & loved it, too! I still need to catch up on the earlier books in the series & then a reread of Wingman. Great review!

    ReplyDelete