in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

ARC Review: Slope of Love by Melissa Foster


Slope of Love is the thirteenth book in Melissa Foster's Love in Bloom series and is the fourth Remingtons book. This is Rush Remington and Jayla Stone's book, and I have been dying to get my hands on this one. I am a huge sports romance fan and I also really love the friends to lovers trope. I knew I was going to really like this one, but after Sienna and Cash's story I wasn't sure if it would be better than theirs. Rush and Jayla's story absolutely blew me away though, and is by far my favorite of the series to date. This book was so good and I couldn't put it down!

Rush Remington and Jayla Stone are professional skiers and are on the US Olympic team. They have both won Olympic gold and spend their time practicing and preparing to compete. Rush and Jayla have been best friends since they were kids. Jayla was thirteen and Rush was seventeen when they first met. They have always been there for each other and have been able to be completely open with each other, but their relationship has always been platonic. Jayla has secretly loved Rush since they were kids, but knew that he never looked at her that way. She has had to watch him with girl after girl and hear all of his sexcapades. Rush was woken up to the fact that he was a womanizer by his brother and has seen himself differently ever since. He has decided to take a break from women for the last year when he realized that he was in love with Jayla. He finally gets up the courage to tell her how he feels, and even though she feels more for him also she is scared that he will get bored easily and leave her heartbroken. Rush is determined to prove to her that he has changed though and that the only woman he wants forever is her.

I loved Rush and Jayla. Rush was caring and thoughtful and really protective of Jayla. He was always thinking about her and knew her so well. I loved seeing him look out for her but also letting her tell him what she needed and then accepting her for who she was. There were times when he would have multiple reactions to things she needed and struggled with how to view things because he understood that a friend would do one thing while an athlete or boyfriend would do something else. But he always talked to her about things and really listened to her and what she needed. Jayla was strong and sweet, and vulnerable. She had loved Rush for so long and accepted him flaws and all. I liked that she knew everything that he had done and all about his playboy ways, and she was able to see beyond that. Rush and Jayla were so open with each other and knew everything about the other. They had no secrets and they didn't lie to each other. They had such a great foundation for a relationship after being best friends for years. They were perfect for each other and had great chemistry together. They brought out the best in each other and pushed the other when needed. But they also understood each other in a way that others never would being professional athletes that competed at such a high level. I loved the ease they had to their friendship and relationship and they just fit together in every way. These two were really hot and had a great connection, but it was so much more than just attraction and it was clear to see that they were everything to each other.

Overall, this book was fantastic. Rush and Jayla were made for each other, and their story was so much fun to read. I was invested from the start and they kept me turning the pages. Rush and Jayla were easy to fall in love with and root for, and I knew that they would be together forever. There was no one else for either of them, and I loved seeing them start to figure things out. It was nice to get to see them make the transition from friends to lovers, and I loved that they were committed to each other and serious about their future together. I think that the ending to the story was great but a little bit abrupt. I would have liked to have been given a little more of the two of them and seen what happened in the future. Luckily Melissa Foster is good at giving us glimpses of the characters as the series progresses, so I am sure that we will see some more of these two. I just loved them so much that I am a little greedy about them and wasn't ready for their story to be done. This series is one that I have really enjoyed and the books seem to just be getting better. I would highly recommend this series to contemporary romance fans, and even though I would recommend starting with the first Remingtons book to get full enjoyment, these can all be read as standalones. I can't wait to read the next story which is Kurt's and is called Read, Write, Love.

**ARC Provided by Tasty Book Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |



3 comments :

  1. What a wonderful review -- I have one or two of her books on my Kindle (from when they were free) and I must try one soon! Love the covers, too.

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at friends to lovers! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You truly loved this one! It sounds like I could have added another 10k words and you would have been happy. Kurt is one of my favorites, so I look forward to seeing what you think about him :-)
    Thank you for your awesome review! XOXO

    ReplyDelete