in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 24, 2015

ARC Review: Sinful Desire by Lauren Blakely


Sinful Desire is the second book in the Sinful Nights Series by Lauren Blakely. Each book in the series can be read as a standalone, but the characters are interconnected. Sinful Desires is the story of Ryan Sloane, which fans of the series will recognize as Shannon's brother from Sweet Sinful Nights. Don't worry if you are new to the series though, you can start here with no problems. I would recommend reading these in order though if possible, as they are great books and Lauren Blakely is a fantastic writer! 

Ryan Sloan is used to control and getting what he wants. He has a past full of secrets that he keeps hidden, which is why maintaining that control is so important to him. He doesn't do commitment, and most women don't make it past the third date. But when he meets Sophie Winston, things are instantly different. He is drawn to everything about her, and the more time they spend together the more he wants to know her better. Sophie is smart and confident and is a take charge woman. But she has always craved the kind of man that she can give up control to in the bedroom. Ryan is perfect for everything she is looking for, and she finds herself falling hard and fast. But she doesn't know that Ryan has a connection to her brother and when the truth comes out it could ruin their relationship. Can Ryan let Sophie in before he loses the only woman that has ever been able to get under his skin and into his heart? 

I really liked Ryan and Sophie. These two were great for one another, and I really thought that they belonged together. Sophie helped Ryan to deal with his past, and she was so supportive of him. Their connection was very real and natural feeling, even in the short amount of time that they knew and fell for one another. They had crazy strong chemistry, and these two might have been the hottest of all of Blakely's couples! They had so much heat and steam, and they fulfilled every single fantasy and desire that each other had. It was as these two had been made just for one another. They were good people, and a great couple, and I really enjoyed reading about them. 

That being said, I had a hard time connecting with this book and I honestly had trouble getting through this one. The first half for me was a bit slow and hard to get into for me. It wasn't holding my interest for some reason, and I kept wanting to put it down. The parts that I enjoyed the most were the parts that Ryan and Sophie were together, but even then it wasn't the same as past books I have read from Blakely. I felt a bit removed from them as a lot of their flirting and banter came through emails to each other, and for some reason I just wasn't feeling this one the same. I think part of it was that a lot of this book had to deal with Ryan's past and everything that had surrounded him and his family for so long. It was more mystery and suspense than a typical Blakely novel, and that just wasn't what I had been hoping for here. While I was interested in his past, I wanted the focus to be more on Ryan and Sophie and their future. I thnik that I am clearly in the minority here, as most of the reviews I have seen so far are loving this one and giving it 4 and 5 star reviews. I think this really is just a case of this one not being for me, and I would recommend reading this one if it sounds like something you would like. It wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't my favorite of Lauren's either. I will say that when she said this one was her hottest book to date, that I would tend to agree with her. This book packed a serious amount of steam in and those were my absolute favorite parts of this sexy story.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment