in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, September 26, 2015

ARC Review: Bereft by Jennifer Foor


Bereft is the second book in the Seven Year Itch series by Jennifer Foor, but each book is a complete standalone. This series is definitely a guilty pleasure type of read for me, because the content is one that would typically be a no go for me, yet with Jennifer Foor penning these stories I can't get enough! As angsty and heartbreaking as they are, I just can't put them down and I absolutely devour them. That being said though, readers should beware that these books do deal with infidelity and cheating before reading. 

Grayson and Rachel were best friends who had been married for 7 years. For the most part they lived a happy life, but they weren't exactly in the honeymoon stage anymore. Both had jobs that kept them from home more often than not, and soon things were becoming a bit strained. But when Rachel's job begins to fall apart, she went to lean on her husband and instead found him with someone else. After learning that the affair had been going on for six months and on the verge of a divorce, Rachel finds herself drawn to a man she never expected. Not only is he the last person she should like, but he is half her age. But when things turn from just sex to more, she begins to wonder what the next step for her life is. Grayson knows that he messed things up though, and he will do anything he can to win back Rachel. But is it too late to fix that which they have both irreparably damaged?

Just like with the first book in this series, I have to admit that there were times that I really didn't like these characters. Grayson and Rachel each made me very angry at times, and I thought that they both acted with little thought. They were selfish at times, and both of them wanted to place blame on each other. They didn't really seem to be able to talk much without going around in circles, and honestly that was what they needed most. Grayson might have been the first one to cross the line, but they both did wrong here. Though I wanted them to work things out, I felt as though they both needed to own up to things a bit more. The one thing that I absolutely loved here was Chad. He was such a great guy, open and honest, and by far the most mature adult of the bunch. He definitely deserved more than what he got, and I did feel badly for him. Though I wanted Grayson and Rachel to wind up together, it was hard to see things between Chad and Rachel end. They were great together, and I felt like their connection was real. It wasn't what she had with Grayson, but it was genuine and couldn't have been easy for them to walk away from. 

Jennifer Foor's books are such roller coaster rides for me, and my emotions are always all over the place with them. They are sexy and at times sweet, yet angsty and heartbreaking. The one thing that it is safe to say is that with anything she writes, you always need to expect that the journey will not be an easy one. But I really like the raw and realistic way that Jennifer Foor shows relationships. Things aren't always a fairytale, and relationships require a ton of work. We are only human and we make mistakes, and I feel like she shows that better than most. Relationships are messy, but love is worth it and Jennifer Foor always shows what true love and forgiveness really means. Though these books aren't for everyone, I would definitely recommend giving them a shot. I am looking forward to more from Jennifer Foor in the future, and I cannot wait to see what she writes next.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes


0 comments :

Post a Comment