in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, December 17, 2015

ARC Review: Hard to Forget by Bella Jewel


When I started this book, I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about it. I’m a Bella Jewel fan but I still didn’t know about the idea of the heroine being the hero’s bodyguard. If you’re like me ad cringe at role reversals, have no fear. The hero was all alpha man and the heroine gives us a little extra kick a-s to go with her otherwise very likable personality.

Delaney, the heroine, works for an elite personal security company. Right from the beginning of the book, I liked her. Delaney has an issue that any woman in her field would have, nobody takes her seriously, especially not her co-workers. I enjoyed Delaney’s journey to prove herself and I loved reading how she handled all the shi! that was thrown her way. One of my favorite things about the book is that when Delaney is assigned to Jax’s (the hero) security detail, he doesn’t just welcome her on board because she’s hot, nope. Jax is completely skeptical of her ability to protect him and goes as far as to challenge her to a throw down before he will agree to letting her on the team. As the story progresses, Jax and Delaney develop an attraction that they find it more and more difficult to deny.

The thing that I really appreciated about the development of the relationship between Jax and Delaney is that it took time. Jax had some serious ish going on and really did need security. Someone or someones were trying to kill Jax throughout the book. I liked that the relationship with Delaney was slow and not depicted as a reaction to a bunch of adrenaline spikes. I have to admit that there is a point where you might start to give the book the side eye because it stretches credibility as the story goes on. For example, it was totally unbelievable that Delaney’s co-workers didn’t figure out that there was something going on with her and Jax. It also got a little outlandish when the characters are in New York being chased by the bad guys. I can put all of that aside though because the sex was hot, Jax is a hero you will love and Delaney is a heroine you will root for.

I think I didn’t love the last Bella Jewel book I read but for me this was a return to everything I love about her as an author.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment