in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, December 19, 2015

ARC Review: Undeniable by C.A. Harms


C.A. Harms is one of my absolute favorites at this point and I really enjoy her books. That being said, I really couldn't wait to get my hands on Jude's book! I knew there was so much more to him than what we had seen and I couldn't wait to dig deeper when it came to what made him who he is. I really liked Jude's story and it was great to finally get to know more about him. Undeniable is the fourth book in the Key West series and fans will love to see familiar faces. But if you haven't read any of the previous books, this book is a complete standalone and you will have no problems understanding anything. 

Jude has always kept his life as private as possible, choosing not to let many people in. He knows what can happen when you do, and he has seen enough hurt to know that he will do whatever it takes to make sure his family never has to go through loving and losing again. Jude has also seen the interest Callie has shown in him, and he knows that he has to keep her at arm's length because she could very easily get under his skin. But when the unexpected happens and Jude is forced to allow others into his life, Callie is determined to help him and his family. Can Jude allow Callie into his life and heart, or will he continue to push her away?

I really liked Jude and Callie together. These two were perfect for one another. They were sweet and supportive and it was obvious just how well they worked together. Callie was so kind and good-natured, and I don't think I have ever seen a heroine with more heart than her. She is one of those characters that you just instantly love. Jude on the other hand started off really gruff and rude, but it was all a front to try and protect himself. He lashed out when he felt cornered or as though others were doing something out of pity when it concerned him, so it was really nice to see him start to rely on those around him more. He had a great support system and group of friends, and loved that he started to open up to them and let them in. 

Overall, this was a great story filled with love and friendship. It was an emotional read, and while it was uplifting and heartwarming, it was also sad. It was so good though, and I knew C.A. Harms would do the story and characters justice here. While I did love this book, the one thing I will say is that for me it did feel a little rushed. Callie and Jude's relationship changed very suddenly as did Jude's whole attitude towards her. While I believed that he always had feelings for her, it did seem like he just flipped a switch and decided to be with her. I would have liked a little more build-up between them so as not to feel like it just went from zero to sixty in no time at all. As much as I loved them, it just wasn't truly believable for them to go from nothing to everything. I still think that C.A. Harms is a fantastic writer though, and I love the emotion she brings to her stories. I can't recommend her books enough, and Undeniable is one that I think readers will really enjoy.

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment