in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

ARC Review: Blackmailing the Virgin by Alexa Riley


This book is labeled as a really quick taste of one of our favorite romance tropes. There's a virgin, a super bossy/jealous alpha billionaire and a forced marriage. Those are three things that will get my attention anytime they are in one book. I have to say, I don't know if it's possible to write a 4 or 5 star romance that takes place in less than a hundred pages but I still think this short story was plenty of fun.

There isn't much to tell. If you know what the themes are, you pretty much know what this book is about. Calder meets Felicity and he wants her right away. Felicity is shy but wants Calder right back and welcomes him into her bed despite her total lack of sexual experience. From there things move pretty quickly. And frankly, for a reader like me, it was just too quick. I like to feel things actually develop between the main character and you just couldn't do that in this book. One minute the couple is meeting, the next they are married and not a lot really happens in between. You don't get a good sense of who either character is or why they are so drawn to each other. Also, because things develop so fast, the characters seem kind of emotionally unstable. The intensity of Calder's feelings after seeing Felicity twice was just a lot to comprehend.

My suggestion for readers is to read a book like this on a short road trip to kill time. It's not a bad book but it's also not one that you are going to remember for long or that will keep your attention if you are facing anything other than open road. If you like the themes in the book like I do, I think you will find this book worthwhile. If you are not a instalove, instaromance, instaeverything type reader, I would skip this one.

**ARC provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon |


0 comments :

Post a Comment