in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Review: Burn by Suzanne Wright


There are times where I am on a book roll with new releases and generally in the genre that I know what I want to read. But then the book funk comes along and we all know how that can end.

After two duds in the same genre I needed a change. A reread from one of my favourite authors was in order to get me out of my current book slump. Enter Ms. Wright and the fabulous worlds that she can create.

I've always been a fan of paranormal romance. The world created by Ms. Wright is unique, original and very entertaining. The right amount of information is given for your kindle to be stuck to your hand rather than overflow of information that makes you loose interest in the book. With Burn there is this exact balance.

In the world of demons Knox Thorne is the uber demon. He is powerful, not to be crossed but there is still vumerability which we only see when he is with Harper. He has lived a very long time and has become bored with life that is until he meets the sassy, confident, funny and snarky Harper Wallis. Harper like Knox is a unique Demon as well.

I love their interaction and banter. They are indepth characters and what I liked the most is that although they are mates they talk about the issues and doubts that they have which is rare. You can't predict what this author can conjure up which for me is also a bonus.

This is a book that can be read over and over again. The good news? They are getting a second book which made me do a happy dance and pre-order it. There is also great potential for the secondary characters to get books as well. There are so many possibilities open and I just know that Ms. Wright has the skills to continue creating a fantastic series.

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment