in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, May 9, 2016

ARC Review: Spinning Out by Lexi Ryan


I am a huge fan of Lexi Ryan's and have enjoyed everything I have read from her. So when I saw that she had a new series coming out that was NA and centered around hot football players, it was a no-brainer to jump at the chance to read Spinning Out. I have to say though that this book felt nothing like Lexi's previous books, and unfortunately I really struggled with Spinning Out. 

After a tragic accident in which she lost her brother and her boyfriend, Mia Mendez is trying to move forward with her life. Needing to put herself through school and take care of her alcoholic father, she takes a job as a nanny for the Woodison family which has her now living with her bedroom wall being that that borders Arrow Woodison's. There has always been an attraction between her and Arrow, but with him being best friends with her boyfriend they were always off-limits to each other, except for one night that changed everything. But now Mia and Arrow find themselves more drawn to each other than ever before, but Arrow has a secret that could destroy everything if Mia found out. 

I didn't dislike Arrow or Mia, but I did have a tough time connecting with them. I felt like while we were given some of their background and saw some attraction between them, that things just felt surface deep. We never really got to see them fall for one another, and they spent more time avoiding each other or pushing each other away than really building something together. I think a lot of that was the fact that most of this story Mia was with Brogan or unable to move on from what had happened. Arrow and Mia did have some chemistry, but I just felt like something was missing here and I wanted more. 

Another big problem here for me was the timeline. This book jumped around constantly between past and present, and it was really hard to keep track of when and where we were. It wasn't just going between past and present, but different times pre and post accident, and I just had a really tough time keeping it all straight and staying interested in the story. I wanted to know all that had happened and how it would play out, but just as I would start to get into the story, it would move time periods and it was very frustrating. This book was just all over the place when it came to timeline as well as with the story and all the drama. It was a bit too over the top and just had too much going on. I didn't feel like this book had the intensity that most of Lexi Ryan's books do, and frankly after awhile I just lost interest. I finished to find out what would happen, but unfortunately this book just wasn't at all what I had hoped for or come to expect from Lexi Ryan. As much as I have loved her books in the past, this one felt like a hot mess. I am interested in continuing the series since I did like the secondary characters that are set to get stories, but I just hope that they are like the other books I have read from Lexi rather than Spinning Out. If this one sounds like something you might like, it is worth giving a shot. Just because I had issues here doesn't mean that you won't enjoy it.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment