in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 14, 2016

ARC Review: Dirty Little Rendezvous by Emma Hart


Dirty Little Rendezvous is a spin-off to the Burke Brothers series by Emma Hart. This features their sister Leila, and I was really excited to get her story. I enjoyed this one a lot, and it was good to catch up with all the Burkes again and to see so many familiar faces. If you enjoyed the Burke Brothers series this is one you are definitely going to want to read, but if you haven't read those this is easily read as a standalone story.

When Leila Burke heads out on tour with her brothers and their band Dirty B, the last thing she expects is to come face to face with her one night stand Jase. She had met Jase while backpacking through Europe the year before and they shared one passionate night together. Now with her brothers on her case and laying down the law while they are on tour, the last thing she needs is someone that tempts her to break their rules. But Jase is more than just a one night stand from her past, he is also Dirty B's new supporting act. Though Jase and Leila know all the reasons they shouldn't be together, they find themselves unable to fight the attraction between them.

I have been waiting for Leila's story since she was first introduced in the Burke Brothers series. She is such a firecracker, and I loved how she was able to keep up with the boys! I knew it would take a special guy to win her over since you can't grow up with four brothers like the Burkes and not expect to have to work for it a bit. She is such a strong character, and I have liked her since the beginning. I will admit she did have some immature moments here where it drove me a bit nuts, but that didn't stop me from loving her character. Jase was amazing. I loved him right from the start! I mean who wouldn't, he is a sexy British rockstar! But he was so good for Leila and I really felt like they were perfect for one another. He was sweet and I couldn't get enough of him. These two had off the charts chemistry, and the attraction was clear right from the beginning.

As much as I loved these characters, I would have liked a bit more of them. I felt like while they got to know one another and we did too, that it wasn't quite as deep as I wanted and everything felt mostly on the surface. I think part of that was because while this story focused on them, there was also a lot going on with the rest of the Burkes and it just didn't leave a lot of extra page space for these two. As nice as it was to see all our favorites again, I wish some of that had been cut back a bit to really allow Jase and Leila to remain the stars of this book. I think Tate's parts could have been cut back considerably as he got to be a bit over the top obnoxious in this book with all his protective ways when it came to Leila. Some of that from the Burkes was cute, but Tate took things a bit too far, especially considering Leila's age. Overall though this was a good story and a lot of fun to read, and Jase and Leila are definitely worth checking out if you haven't already!

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment