in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 12, 2016

ARC Review: The Deliverance of Dilan by Kathy Coopmans


I'm not going to bother telling you what this book is about because if you read the blurb, it really does pretty much sum up the whole plot line. This is a revenge book and from page one Dilan is plotting and working out a vendetta that seems to have been continued from books past. And therein lies the rub for me. I don't feel like I can fairly evaluate this book as a standalone. It is marketed as a standalone and readers are led to believe that you don't have to read the other books in the series to follow along. I haven't read any of the other books but my impression is that you need to do that before you read this one.

Right from the beginning of the book I felt like I was missing major pieces of the picture. I tried to use context clues to figure out what was going on but honestly sometimes I just got lost. I got the impression that the plot might be really griping if you were already committed to this series and familiar with these characters. For me, however, it was really hard to commit to the characters because I just never developed a connection to them.

Speaking of the characters, I can tell you something that was probably unique to this book. The heroine, Anna, was two different people. One person was strong and independent, the other person was super weak and constantly in need of attention. It's ok to have a character who varies but Anna's variation was so drastic that it added to my overall confusion and disconnect with the plot.

There was a lot of good stuff in this book. It's high octane action, suspense and sex. It is a little slow at the beginning but it does pick up really quickly. The problem for me is that I just don't think this book is a standalone. If you are already invested in this series, you will probably really appreciate this installment. If you are like me and you want to invest in this series, I strongly recommend you start back at the beginning. Based on this book, I would be willing to give the whole series a try.

**ARC provided by TRSoR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment