in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

ARC Review: Cherished by You by Steph Nuss


I absolutely love the Love in the City series from Steph Nuss! Each book is a great read on it's own, but the entire group of characters here are great and I love seeing them all as the series continues. Each book can be a standalone and are definitely enjoyable, but I would recommend reading them all in order if possible for the full experience. Cherished by You is the fourth book in the series and centers around Tessa and Justin. I have to admit I have been waiting for their story and I really think that theirs might be my favorite so far! There is something special about these two, and I just knew I was going to love their book from seeing them previously. 

Tessa Wilder has been in love with her friend Justin James since she has known him, but she hasn't been able to tell him how she feels. Each time she tries to subtly flirt with him, he doesn't seem to get it and she fears that if she tells him he will reject her. So she has stayed quiet so as not to ruin their friendship. But when her brother decides he wants to move out on his own, she offers to let him keep the apartment while she looks for something else. Not wanting Tessa to live in a bad area, Justin offers to let Tessa move into his spare room. The more time they spend together, the more they begin to grow closer and soon they are finally exploring the connection between them. But just as they are starting to build a relationship, one unexpected moment threatens everything.

I loved Tessa and Justin so much. Tessa was strong and smart, and I loved how she took care of her brother. She did what she had to do for him, and I really admired her. She was a great role model for him, and she was just so easy to like. Justin was a bit different than most heroes you read about, and honestly I loved him for that! He had some quirks, being a bit of an introvert and on the OCD side. But he was also a really great guy, and he and Tessa were perfect for one another. These two just fit together, and I really loved how they brought out different sides of each other. There is nothing sexier than a guy who is a bit nerdy, but is able to dirty talk with the best of them in bed, and Justin was beyond fantastic at it. The chemistry between these two was smoking hot, and I loved that he was such an unexpected surprise for both Tessa and the reader. 

Overall, this was a great addition to the series and one that I really enjoyed. It is hard to pick a favorite here, but I really think that Cherished by You is it! I couldn't put it down and I loved Tessa and Justin. The only thing that kept this one from being a five star read for me was that I wish that Justin and Tessa had talked about their feelings a bit sooner. If it hadn't been for their friends, i'm not sure they would have ever started to see what they needed to do where the other was concerned. I wanted Tessa to tell Justin she had liked him for so long, and I wanted Justin to just make a move. These two were great though, and I am already looking forward to Paige's story next. I really liked how this one set it up for her, and I can't wait to see what is really going on with her. Steph Nuss is a great writer, and I highly recommend this series.

**ARC Provided by Southern Belle Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment