in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

ARC Review: Sexy Lies and Rock & Roll by Sawyer Bennett


I confess that I'm a Sawyer fan.  I just read her Sugar Bowl series and I loved it.  I also read most of the Carolina Fury Ice Hockey romances and some of her earlier legal romance novels.  I'm saying all that to say that even though there were a few things (Emma) that unnerved me about this book, I probably wouldn't give Sawyer anything less than a positive rating.  I think that this author's writing is extremely well thought out and put together.  Her books are researched well and never strain credibility.  No matter how I may feel about plot choices, I always feel like I'm in the book and I always remember her stories.

This book starts out with intrigue- and by that I mean a murder and a mystery.  Evan is a rock star who finds himself at the center of a murder charge.  Evan is all the hot alpha sex appeal you expect from a rock star.  He's also a manwhore who offers women a nice parting gift as he kicks them out of his house (kidding about the parting gift but not about the kicking out part).  Emma is a plain, boring contracts lawyer.  Ok, I'm about to travel down a side road.  I'm actually a lawyer and stuff like this drives me CRAZY. First of all, baby contract lawyers don't just randomly jump into high profile cases with high profile clients. It makes me feel like the only reason Evan wanted Emma was because of her looks, which I didn't like.  Oh, wait, I don't have a second of all, that's it. But, whatever, suspend disbelief and go with it.

I actually really liked Evan in this book.  Evan is written in the typical fashion of Sawyer Bennett heroes.  He is extremely confident and pursues Emma even as she tries to put him off.  I love the chase and I love that Evan didn't give up on Emma. Emma and Evan share a tour bus and pretty soon they are sharing way more than that.  The only thing, other than the legal issues, that gave me pause in this book was Emma's reaction to the conflict in the story.  I won't tell you what happens but Emma's reaction left a bad taste in my mouth.  I felt like Evan more than earned Emma's trust.  I didn't get why Emma didn't just give him the benefit of the doubt. That didn't detract from my enjoyment in this book.  There was great chemistry between these characters, some hot sexy scenes and a really sweet romance.  I'm not really big on rock & roll romances but I recommend this book and I think you'll enjoy it.

**ARC provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment